A ship, a toddler and a 5 y/o...Oh MY!

RadFamily

DH and I are sailing on 18 Aug on Splendor of the Seas out of Venice. As we booked out trip last minute (and to be honest we couldn't afford it anyway) we do not have a suite...just a regular oceanview stateroom. I have already purchased an inflatable tub (much smaller than an inflatable pool) to bathe the 1 y/o in. And after reading this board, I may try to use it as his "pool"...he only needs a few inches of water to splash in with some water plastic toys.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the in-room sitters in Splendor of the Seas? I am always apprehensive about leaving the kiddos with anyone. But with a late seating for dinner, I don't know if the baby will last through it. And DH and I would like to have a few meals in the dininroom.

Also, Can someone please tell me how, where and when I register my older son for the kids club on board? He is really looking forward to it.

TIA for your help!

- Tara

I thought the inflatible pool idea was a good one. I loved the photo of the little girl in the tiny plowup pool- that is until I was on Radiance in April.

I smelled pee on the carpet by the pool. The smell was in more than one place and it was really unpleasant. I didn't know what to attribute it to but what do you do with the water in the pool when you are done?

I have read that there are numberous drains on the deck floor. I plan to find one and dump the water into it. As my son is only 1 year old, we won't be putting much water into the tub anyway...just enough to sit and play.

Glad to hear of this because I really don't know why the carpet by the pool smelled of pee on Radiance. It may have absolutely nothing to do with baby pee but it did make me wonder about people possibly just dumping out the pool water.

Glad to hear that you have a plan.:)

Archived