More stupid questions from the Azamara newbie :)

AnnetteSC

Can someone tell me about Evening Patio Dining? I saw a picture on the Azamara website of people eating by the pool deck (I think) and it said waiter service? It’s been 4 yrs since we have cruised with Azamara so I am getting excited about any changes. In particular, we love the opportunity to eat out in the open, and from memory that was self service from the buffet.... have things changed?

Thanks Linda

Yes they have and for the better!

Still outside- and now has patio heaters for the cooler nights. It's waiter service - a nice standard menu available every evening plus a daily grilled special- thoroughly recommend the grilled seafood if it's on - and a dish from the world cuisine of the day (which will also be in the MDR and ties up with the buffet theme)

There is a salad buffet on the patio and the fun ice cream swirl top (you can be naughty with your toppings m and ms, crumbled Oreos, choc brownie chunks or good with fruit or of course both).

Lovely bread is served and you also have two soups of the day.

Add to that you can also go inside and bring something from Oceanview, the waiters encourage that!

Think you can see why I love it

PS lunch pool grill menu still the same. Burgers are good but the evening ones are even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by uktog

Yes they have and for the better!

Still outside- and now has patio heaters for the cooler nights. It's waiter service - a nice menu available all the time plus a daily grilled special- thoroughly recommend the grilled seafood if it's on - and a dish from the world cuisine of the day (which will also be in the MDR and ties up with the buffet theme)

There is a salad buffet on the patio and the fun ice cream swirl top (you can be naughty with your toppings m and ms, crumbled Oreos, choc brownie chunks or good with fruit or of course both).

Lovely bread is served and you also have two soups of the day.

Add to that you can also go inside and bring something from Oceanview, the waiters encourage that!

Think you can see why I love it

Agreed that Patio dining experience sounds LOVELY and right up our street! I assume this is by the pool, and there is still the outdoor tables outback of the Oceanview?

Very excited now.....:)

Thanks again for answering all my questions!

I seem to have lost most of my reply to you UKTOG. Not sur what happened there.... (I can now see some of my reply ended up in your quote box lol)

It sounds lovely for evening outdoor dining!

I assume there is still the outdoor area at the back of the Oceanview which is buffet dining as before?

Thanks again!

I seem to have lost most of my reply to you UKTOG. Not sur what happened there.... (I can now see some of my reply ended up in your quote box lol)

It sounds lovely for evening outdoor dining!

I assume there is still the outdoor area at the back of the Oceanview which is buffet dining as before?

Thanks again!

Yes, the sunset bar area at the back is also used as a dining area for Windows buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just to complicate your options it is possible to order lunch from the pool grill but eat on the sunset veranda. Just advise where you'll be sitting and they will give you a numbered plaque that you display on your table. They will bring your order it to you. The same process is used for custom egg creations at breakfast.

Re luggage tags - no need to print off or order in advance as the port staff will have tags on hand and simply attach them to your luggage.

The Patio is a wonderful option for outdoor dining. We found the dessert selection somewhat lacking, so would get ours from Windows. The salad bar is very good. Highly recommend the lamb.

A couple of questions. When we sailed on Paul Gauguin and Oceania they had the most delicious baby lamb chops for breakfast. Does Azamara have this?

Also, is their breakfast room service menu limited like Celebrity or do they have a good assortment of items available. We don't do room service a lot but once in a while it's a relaxing way to start the day.

A couple of questions. When we sailed on Paul Gauguin and Oceania they had the most delicious baby lamb chops for breakfast. Does Azamara have this?

Also, is their breakfast room service menu limited like Celebrity or do they have a good assortment of items available. We don't do room service a lot but once in a while it's a relaxing way to start the day.

I have not seen lamb chops at breakfast but there is a good selection both in the Oceanview cafe, the Main Dining Room and room service- room service is much wider selection than Celebrity

The buffet is called Windows.

My apologies Coldweather Girl for my slip of the finger. Luckily no impact on the overall message!

Lots of choices at breakfast and I should have been corrected to add in Mosaic cafe where lovely coffee and great pastries, croissants and yogurt with fruit.

Recommend the steak and eggs for breakfast on the balcony - tablecloth and all (good steak cooked to order BTW).

Thanks for everyone's quick replies. It sounds like I'll have ample choice for breakfast on board.

We'll definitely take advantage of the steak for breakfast via room service at least once on the cruise. Ted especially loves his steak and has been known to order it a time or two via room service breakfast with the up charge when we've been on Celebrity.

Can't wait for our January cruises to try out Azamara but first we will have our Infinity cruise through the Panama Canal and onwards to Machu Picchu. The only thing I like about winter now is I get to sail for a good part of it.