Passenger Manifest closing

btrojanoski

The reason for the question is when we booked our Alaska BTB we only booked a guarantee, not a specific stateroom. We are now 19 days our from embarkation date and still have not been advised of our stateroom. We believe the ship is over-sold because every stateroom category shows as “waitlist only” so Princess may be trying to do some move-overs to reduce their over-sell. However that must have to end when they have to submit their passenger manifest with all the passenger names to Homeland Security. So they must have to cut off some number of days before embarkation and proceed to assign the staterooms. So, we’d like to know how far in advance of the embarkation date do they have to submit the manifests.

Barry

Usually the Cruise Personalizer closes about 5 days before departure. There have been lots of people wwho did not find out their cabin number until the day they boarded. But no worries you will have a room and I would check each and every day until departure. Some people on here have reported anywhere from now to the day before departure.

Marilyn

Usually the Cruise Personalizer closes about 5 days before departure. There have been lots of people wwho did not find out their cabin number until the day they boarded. But no worries you will have a room and I would check each and every day until departure. Some people on here have reported anywhere from now to the day before departure.

Marilyn

Marilyn you can print the boarding pass right up to embarkation day. It will show the cabin # if assigned.

I noticed earlier today when reading our notifications that the following was added, so maybe they have changed it to 90 minutes. That sounds too close but here is the message from Princess:

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated that Cruise Lines must

transmit their departure manifests no later than 60 minutes prior to departure

from the U.S. To comply, passenger information must be processed at least 90

minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. Therefore, passengers must

provide complete and accurate immigration details in advance of the embarkation

date. This can be done online via the Cruise Personalizer at http://www.princess.com

up to six days prior to sailing. The eTicket Boarding Pass will serve as the

receipt at check-in. Missing details may be submitted up to six days prior by

calling 1-800-PRINCESS. International callers may dial +1-661-753-0000. Please

ensure that your travel plans permit adequate time for arrival to the ship.

Passengers who have not provided the required details in advance **MUST** be

checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time or

they will be denied boarding. Thank you for your attention to this important

information. We look forward to welcoming you aboard a Princess cruise!

spacer.gif

Mike:)

Don't worry about your cabin assignment. Go ahead and fill out all the necessary info online and print out boarding pass. You can keep checking for room assignment and if you get one, print out a new pass. One time, years ago, We booked a guarantee and got it at the pier from the baggage handlers.They have the complete list of everybody traveling and their cabin numbers.

Thanks, Ike....that may explain it. What I'm worried about is what we put on our luggage tags. If we don't get our cabin assignment till we get to check-in, we will already have given our luggage away to the stevedores, so I wondered what stateroom number we would put on the tags. If the baggage handlers have the stateroom assignments then we're good to go.....

Barry

Thanks, Ike....that may explain it. What I'm worried about is what we put on our luggage tags. If we don't get our cabin assignment till we get to check-in, we will already have given our luggage away to the stevedores, so I wondered what stateroom number we would put on the tags. If the baggage handlers have the stateroom assignments then we're good to go.....

Barry

We had this happen once.Just ask the baggage handlers who has the manifest with the cabin #'s and add them to the luggage tags.Be sure to have a pen!

Hi Barry,

That was our big concern also. You can put the tags on but leave the cabin Number blank. The baggage handlers will give you new tags and write in your cabin number for you. They have the manifest.This happened to us on Princess and Royal Caribbean. All went fine and there was no problems. So don't worry! Go ahead and fill everything out on the Cruise Personalizer on your computer and when finished print out your boarding passes. This way all your info is being processed and You will have no problems. Have a great cruise! IKE

I noticed earlier today when reading our notifications that the following was added, so maybe they have changed it to 90 minutes. That sounds too close but here is the message from Princess:

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated that Cruise Lines must

transmit their departure manifests no later than 60 minutes prior to departure

from the U.S. To comply, passenger information must be processed at least 90

minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. Therefore, passengers must

provide complete and accurate immigration details in advance of the embarkation

date. This can be done online via the Cruise Personalizer at http://www.princess.com

up to six days prior to sailing. The eTicket Boarding Pass will serve as the

receipt at check-in. Missing details may be submitted up to six days prior by

calling 1-800-PRINCESS. International callers may dial +1-661-753-0000. Please

ensure that your travel plans permit adequate time for arrival to the ship.

Passengers who have not provided the required details in advance **MUST** be

checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time or

they will be denied boarding. Thank you for your attention to this important

information. We look forward to welcoming you aboard a Princess cruise!

spacer.gif

Wow, 60 minutes before departure. I guess I assumed that the purpose of submitting the passenger manifest to Homeland Security (particularly for ships leaving Vancouver, Canada and entering the USA, Alaska) was for them to check the manifest for anyone they may be watching (without having the person outright banned from entering the USA) If the manifest is only submitted 1 hr before departure I’m not sure what Homeland Security can do about anyone listed on it……or do they need to have the manifest for some other reason…

Barry

Marilyn you can print the boarding pass right up to embarkation day. It will show the cabin # if assigned.

Yeah Keith I knew that but sure did not want to confuse the matter anymore and besides boy as soon as the personalizr says we can print the boarding pass you better belive I got that sucker printed.:D

Mairlyn

I've read elsewhere that it's 90 minutes. Folks here on CC will say it's all kinds of things, 1 day, 2 days, etc. But 90 minutes is right.

I've read elsewhere that it's 90 minutes. Folks here on CC will say it's all kinds of things, 1 day, 2 days, etc. But 90 minutes is right.

And the difference between 60 minutes and 90 minutes is ..........???? :confused:

Sometimes I can't believe the major discussions that go on here about nonsense. And yes, I am guilty too.

Wow, 60 minutes before departure. I guess I assumed that the purpose of submitting the passenger manifest to Homeland Security (particularly for ships leaving Vancouver, Canada and entering the USA, Alaska) was for them to check the manifest for anyone they may be watching (without having the person outright banned from entering the USA) If the manifest is only submitted 1 hr before departure I’m not sure what Homeland Security can do about anyone listed on it……or do they need to have the manifest for some other reason…

Barry

They can be waiting for you when you disembark.:D

Yeah they will say anything those darn liars. :rolleyes:

Yes what is the big difference between 30 and 60 minutes??

The list that is due 90 minutes before sailing is the list of those ACTUALLY ON BOARD, NOT who has paid reservations.

Due to something that occurred on one of our cruises, I suspect that a passenger list is submitted and maybe reviewed before the sailing date. Then all that has to be done in the last 90 minutes before sailing is to confirm who is actually on board from the list checked earlier. By then the names are in computers and cross checking is easy.

The list that is due 90 minutes before sailing is the list of those ACTUALLY ON BOARD, NOT who has paid reservations.

Due to something that occurred on one of our cruises, I suspect that a passenger list is submitted and maybe reviewed before the sailing date. Then all that has to be done in the last 90 minutes before sailing is to confirm who is actually on board from the list checked earlier. By then the names are in computers and cross checking is easy.

This sounds logical, I think you are right. :)

I know it's cheaper, but this is why I'll NEVER book a guarantee. I'd go absolutely crazy.

It wasn't because it was cheaper....We’ve never booked “guarantee” before……and normally would not have but we booked this cruise so late (only 6 weeks out) that Princess couldn’t at the time give us the same stateroom for both legs of the BTB. They said we could a) book two different staterooms or b) book guarantee only in our wanted category and then when they were forced to deal with stateroom assignments they would have noted on the file that we wanted the same stateroom for both cruises if possible. We’re don’t really understand why that would make a difference but we went for it. Now we still have no stateroom assignment 17 days out…….I guess I’ll just keep on checking…..

Barry

Colo;

Last October, I noted that Princess closed access to the personalizer 5 days prior to sailing.....:confused:

Bob

Archived