Gym Activities on the Summit

papillons4u

Hi, We are booked on the Summit and was wondering if the Gym has lots of classes to choose from? Yoga, pilates, step classes, and such things. I also heard it closes early? Is this true? What is early? I have not cruised Celebrity before.. only RCCL.

Thanks for your help,

Joyce

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi, I was on the Summit in May 2003. It offered at the time several different classes, pilates, spinning, and stepping were 3 that I remembered. It has a very large gym area and a nice free weight room. I seem to remember it closing around 8P.M.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700[/img]

Celebrity Mercury 12/27/2004

The workout room is open from 6A to 11P daily. Classes are held between 8A and 6P. There were maybe 3 or 4 classes a day. Spinning, yoga and Pilates class had a $10 surcharge. Aerobics, step and resistance bands were free. The room itself was huge with about 15 treadmills, many cycles, steppers, eliptical trainers, and circuit machines and free weights. It was a great facility at the top front of the ship so you could workout watching where you were going.

Azure Seas 1/92
Polynesia 1/93
SS Norway 5/95
Sun Princess 11/99
Grand Princess 10/01
SS Norway 4/02
Horizon 11/02
Summit 04/04

Archived