50 Days To Go!

Lois R

Hi friends:D.......50 days to go till my cruise on WHISPER:D......so, should I be getting those E docs soon?

I booked my airfare through SS.....will follow up with them this week too.......my flights are confirmed but yet ticketed.......

Have a great day:)

Hi Lois, the e-docs for my last SS cruise arrived about 60 days prior, as did the Silver Box with travel journal and luggage tags. My impression was that 60 days prior was on the late side, but I booked within the 90 day window. It seemed like advance planning to me, but was considered "last-minute."

You have probably already done this, but have you checked your spam folder just in case? In any event, I recommend contacting your booking agent -- SS if you booked direct, and your TA if you didn't. There was a gentleman on my last cruise who hadn't received his e-docs a week out. After some digging, he found out his TA had not sent them on to him.

50 days to go for you -- I'm jealous, as I still have 9 months to wait for the Shadow. Wishing you all the best on your Whisper cruise! Please report back, if you can. I'm especially interested in your experience as a solo traveler. You'll be in the Mediterranean?

All best,

Hi Lois, the e-docs for my last SS cruise arrived about 60 days prior, as did the Silver Box with travel journal and luggage tags. My impression was that 60 days prior was on the late side, but I booked within the 90 day window. It seemed like advance planning to me, but was considered "last-minute."

You have probably already done this, but have you checked your spam folder just in case? In any event, I recommend contacting your booking agent -- SS if you booked direct, and your TA if you didn't. There was a gentleman on my last cruise who hadn't received his e-docs a week out. After some digging, he found out his TA had not sent them on to him.

50 days to go for you -- I'm jealous, as I still have 9 months to wait for the Shadow. Wishing you all the best on your Whisper cruise! Please report back, if you can. I'm especially interested in your experience as a solo traveler. You'll be in the Mediterranean?

All best,

Good morning.......:) I have sailed solo with SS before (last summer) the experience is fantastic:D:D:):).......as for spam, nothing is in there and I got my Silverbox over 2 weeks ago:).......spoke with my SS person on Friday......will follow up again this week.

Hi JP, life is funny.......I can't believe it has been almost a year since my first SS cruise......time............what a concept:)

Unibok, yes, I am sailing from Venice to Nice with stops all around Italy and a stop in Dubrovnik.

Thanks:) I am so looking forward to it. Most of the ports are all new to me:D

Spoke to my SS friend and everything should be processed later this week. (flights actually ticketed and the Edocs).

Hi JP, life is funny.......I can't believe it has been almost a year since my first SS cruise......time............what a concept:)

Unibok, yes, I am sailing from Venice to Nice with stops all around Italy and a stop in Dubrovnik.

My envy meter is pegged on max. Nothing on our cruise radar until next year.....late next year. Potential major change in wife’s work and house renovations kind of got our attention and time for the next several months.

Hi Randy:).........this is my only cruise this year. I was supposed to sail much earlier in the year but that Kidney stone surgery got in the way back in January:rolleyes:.........I have a deposit down for a cruise this coming January but not sure I am keeping it. It is on Celebrity's new ship EDGE which comes out in November but after River Cruising and SS cruising, I am not sure I want to go back to "big ship" cruising anymore.

Hi Randy:).........this is my only cruise this year. I was supposed to sail much earlier in the year but that Kidney stone surgery got in the way back in January:rolleyes:.........I have a deposit down for a cruise this coming January but not sure I am keeping it. It is on Celebrity's new ship EDGE which comes out in November but after River Cruising and SS cruising, I am not sure I want to go back to "big ship" cruising anymore.

Understand the “big ship” reluctance. I can’t see us going back either. SS spoiled us and we’d rather cruise less often and go with SS or some other smaller ship luxury line than cruise on a big mass market ship.

Hi Lois, I really enjoy reading your posts! We have been spoiled by Silversea and the smaller ships. We sailed Celebrity last January Australia and New Zealand in a suite so the experience was not to bad. Looking forward to our first cruise on the Muse in October, Athens to Muscat and in 2019 Antarctica on the Cloud. Keep counting down and I look forward to your posts! Really like Silversea and the smaller ships as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Lois, we recently sailed on the Whisper after many cruises on Celebrity. I remember reading and enjoying your trip reports.

It was meant to be a one off special treat. And it was. But....I am not sure if I can ever go back to a mainstream line!

Have a wonderful time.

Flights are now confirmed AND TICKETED:D…………checked my SS account and there is still no E Document.

My information is on there......will contact SS again next week to see if I am supposed to be getting an actual cruise ticket via email.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 30 days?

I have just checked and mine is 499 days .... long sigh [emoji17]

As per an early post .. we did one cruise as a ‘one off’ on the Wind. We now have a second booked and are awaiting the 2020 releases .... addictive or what!

Sent from the magic box!

This is the only cruise I have booked right now. Nothing for 2019 yet:eek:

I have my Euros all taken care of...…...I know, I know, it costs me more to get them here at home but I don't care.

It is just easier for me to have all this done and so that is how I do it.:)

Hi Lois, great to see you are enjoying Silver Seas. We are also booked on the Edge in 2020. I have been staying with Seabourn and Oceania but will look forward to the Edge as it will be a game changer in the industry.

I left a post on the Silver Seas boards under the RCL buy out. I`m sure you will agree with me.

Enjoy your cruise, Heather

Hi Lois, great to see you are enjoying Silver Seas. We are also booked on the Edge in 2020. I have been staying with Seabourn and Oceania but will look forward to the Edge as it will be a game changer in the industry.

I left a post on the Silver Seas boards under the RCL buy out. I`m sure you will agree with me.

Enjoy your cruise, Heather

Hi Heather:)…….good to see you. I had a deposit down for EDGE but decided to cancel it for now. Been a while since I have sailed with Celebrity.

Have a good weekend.