Captain Johannes Tysse's Schedule

MMDown Under

The senior officers schedule is very incomplete and still remains inaccurate and requests to have it updated correctly have not eventuated. Circumstances in any workplace change. The scheduling officer position must be a nightmare. It’s hard enough getting my family and extended family together for a meal. It is what it is when we board, we make the best of it and enjoy meeting new staff, crew and guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The senior officers schedule is very incomplete and still remains inaccurate and requests to have it updated correctly have not eventuated. Circumstances in any workplace change. The scheduling officer position must be a nightmare. It’s hard enough getting my family and extended family together for a meal. It is what it is when we board, we make the best of it and enjoy meeting new staff, crew and guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally, I enjoyed the Senior Officers team on my first cruise with Azamara so much, I'd like to cruise with them again. That is why an accurate as possible at the time Senior Officers Schedule is valuable for planning purposes for people like myself.

I understand things change because of unforeseen events. (Anyone who has managed getting qualified people in positions whilst the occupants are on leave knows that just when you get it perfect, someone gets sick, and you start filling positions all over again.)

I have also been watching for an update of the Captain & Senior Officer Schedule.

I am curious to see who we will be sailing with on Journey for our 10-April 2019 cruise.

If you look closely at the Captains schedule on Journey 2019 you will see a gap between Feb and May. We sailed with Capt Johannes on the last two legs of the World cruise and he indicated several times that he would be on the 10April 2019 cruise and visiting his home town of Charleston. We are also booked on this cruise and we joked that there would be a lot of pressure on him for the Azamazing evening and perhaps it could be at his house!!

As others have said nothing is set in stone, but I suspect he would be up for sailing into his home port for sure!

I think you can count on his being on board July 1, 2019. He has told several people he is looking forward to cruising in Norway next year. Not sure when he would board or leave, but that cruise is probably pretty certain.

If you look closely at the Captains schedule on Journey 2019 you will see a gap between Feb and May. We sailed with Capt Johannes on the last two legs of the World cruise and he indicated several times that he would be on the 10April 2019 cruise and visiting his home town of Charleston. We are also booked on this cruise and we joked that there would be a lot of pressure on him for the Azamazing evening and perhaps it could be at his house!!

As others have said nothing is set in stone, but I suspect he would be up for sailing into his home port for sure!

Good information. Thanks!

I will still watch with interest to see who the HD, CD, and Head Chef will be.

Azamara is aware of the discrepancies in the schedule. Johannes has received several messages from people noticing his lack of presence in the schedules for 2018 and 2019. He has personally been in contact with Miami to have them correct it.

As you can see there are several gaps in the present schedule and among these are sailings that are not visible. I take it, since Johannes has taken personal interest in getting it corrected, that it will be fixed within a short time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard from Johannes today. i sent a message asking him dates.

August 19th-Nov 1st 2018

Feb 11th- to April 21st 2019

He sent another set that ends in Sept 2019.

notice longer time off between contracts.

We all know this could change but it came from him.

• 2 weeks later...
Just looked at the revised 2019 schedule and seen that Johannes is not due to Captain our North Cape cruise on Journey 1 July 2019 - disappointing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - just spoke with Captain Johannes and he will be joining the Journey on July 1, 2019 in Oslo. He said that he hadn't looked at the schedule on the website in a while. He looked at it and said that there were a few inaccuracies and that he would contact the office and have them correct the schedule.

Sue