Solstice FV Furniture

Tennant

Has anyone sailed in FV 8108 lately? I've read some reviews saying it was missing furniture compared to newer S-Class ships and also recently saw a YouTube video where there appears to be a small patio or side table with conference rooms chairs where there is supposed to be a dinning table and chairs. Also missing some desk/dresser furniture. Anyone know if there is a plan to correct this? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if you saw my review of Solstice FV 8108 this past January. We had been in Eclipse FV 8107/8108 three times before our Solstice cruise. There was less furniture in our Solstice FV cabin compared to Eclipse--see the diagram below.

I eventually concluded that the Solstice FVs were not furnished with as much furniture as it was the first Solstice class ship. My thinking is that as each newer Solstice class ship was built, there was likely more furniture added to the FV cabins to take advantage of the large empty floor space.

had the dining room table + chairs added and the master bedroom picked up an extra little closet. The dining room table really comes in handy.

Our Eclipse FV had all of Equinox's furniture with an additional dresser with drawers added.

have even more furniture than Eclipse with wall to wall desk/drawers added to both the living room and master bedroom.

I don't know about Reflection, but I assume it is furnished as well as Silhouette.

So if I am right, it is a pity that the Solstice FVs are missing that much furniture, but at least they got it right with the other S-class ships.

a7c593752cb6d241fd14950eec59bdb7.jpg

Edited by mahdnc

mahdnc,

I have seen your helpful review and info on 8108! Thanks so much!

It bothers me that they would just bring in a two top from the buffet and some conference room chairs as the dining table for this room as shown in a 2017 YouTube video of 8108.

Although not a suite, the cabin is definitely a premium price, or at least on our cruise it is. So it would be nice if they used actual furniture intended for a cabin.

Definitely looking forward to the extra space as we are traveling with our 18 month old son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk