Just off the Equinox...... ask away

AUPilot14

Sitting in MIA waiting for our flight to ATL, review coming tomorrow or so. Feel free to ask any questions in the meantime.

Overall short synopsis: Great cruise and I’m going to be cruising Celebrity again.

We're on the Equinox in October. We've never cruised out of Miami, nor have we flown into/out of MIA. What time did you disembark, what time did you get to the airport, what time is your flight?

How was embarkation - organized or chaotic? Did you have to wait outside in the heat, or do you go right into an air-conditioned building?

Thanks - as you can see, I'm more concerned with logistics since I know the cruise will be great.

We board 3 weeks today. Great to hear you had a good time. Was the entertainment good? Not just theatre, but live music at pool/ bars. Thank you. Have a good onward journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Entertainment as far as the shows was not quite RCCL level, but there was always live music around the ship at various times of the day. Always a DJ or band at the pool during most of sea days.

We honestly skipped most of the theater shows after “Topper” because we enjoyed the Martini Bar and Club Sky more than the shows.

We're on the Equinox in October. We've never cruised out of Miami, nor have we flown into/out of MIA. What time did you disembark, what time did you get to the airport, what time is your flight?

How was embarkation - organized or chaotic? Did you have to wait outside in the heat, or do you go right into an air-conditioned building?

Thanks - as you can see, I'm more concerned with logistics since I know the cruise will be great.

We flew in to MIA on Friday (Delta from ATL) and spent the night at the Hilton Downtown. Used UBER around town and was quite easy. We took another Uber to the port Saturday morning and walked straight on at 11:00. We did not have priority boarding and it was seamless.

Disembark: We used Celebrity transfer service via bus from the port to ATL for $18 pp. Everything was indoors and quick. Customs took less than 15 minutes and we were on the bus to the airport. Our flight is at 2:00 out of my abundance of cautiousness, but my wife is a little annoyed with me right now for not doing an earlier flight!

We flew in to MIA on Friday (Delta from ATL) and spent the night at the Hilton Downtown. Used UBER around town and was quite easy. We took another Uber to the port Saturday morning and walked straight on at 11:00. We did not have priority boarding and it was seamless.

Disembark: We used Celebrity transfer service via bus from the port to ATL for $18 pp. Everything was indoors and quick. Customs took less than 15 minutes and we were on the bus to the airport. Our flight is at 2:00 out of my abundance of cautiousness, but my wife is a little annoyed with me right now for not doing an earlier flight!

Not a bad deal from the POM to Atlanta.;p

We leave next Saturday. Can you comment about the seaweed anywhere? I have friends that were in the caribbean and had AWFUL experiences a few weeks back in the Dominican Republic as well as in Mexico. We also saw reports about Paradise Beach having seaweed problems a week or so ago. They were posting very strategic pictures on their Facebook that did not show the ocean or shoreline at all. We are going to Nachi and 7 Mile Beach. Did you have any seaweed problems or hear of any? Also if you were in Aqua class I would love to hear any observations!

We leave next Saturday. Can you comment about the seaweed anywhere? I have friends that were in the caribbean and had AWFUL experiences a few weeks back in the Dominican Republic as well as in Mexico. We also saw reports about Paradise Beach having seaweed problems a week or so ago. They were posting very strategic pictures on their Facebook that did not show the ocean or shoreline at all. We are going to Nachi and 7 Mile Beach. Did you have any seaweed problems or hear of any? Also if you were in Aqua class I would love to hear any observations!

We also did Nochi Beach in Cozumel. Pictures attached for beach condition. Oh, and of my drunk wife. It was near perfect with a worker going down the beach cleaning up any that might have appeared We heard Costa Maya had the worst seaweed on beaches, but we swam with dolphins there. No reports from 7 Mile. 48d281821cb6de076f49241443067c0c.jpgc7b315a0309d0fe98357abe80f7a5a85.jpge10c136291ed78e296b6df0414717b76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also did Nochi Beach in Cozumel. Pictures attached for beach condition. Oh, and of my drunk wife. It was near perfect with a worker going down the beach cleaning up any that might have appeared We heard Costa Maya had the worst seaweed on beaches, but we swam with dolphins there. No reports from 7 Mile. 48d281821cb6de076f49241443067c0c.jpgc7b315a0309d0fe98357abe80f7a5a85.jpge10c136291ed78e296b6df0414717b76.jpg

Thank you. We are planning to shop the port in Costa Maya (my mom loved the dishes she saw there last year!) and then head back to the ship. Nachi and 7 Mile are our beach days. I may resemble your wife after our day at Nachi, or our whole trip with the premium package. Except I need to handle the taxi to and from Nachi. You know just incase I need to use my rudimentary Espanol!

I wish you luck. I'm not sure that I would have posted a picture of a drunk wife.

I wish you luck. I'm not sure that I would have posted a picture of a drunk wife.

Just warning what happens after 7 margaritas at Nachi Cocom [emoji23]

Thank you. We are planning to shop the port in Costa Maya (my mom loved the dishes she saw there last year!) and then head back to the ship. Nachi and 7 Mile are our beach days. I may resemble your wife after our day at Nachi, or our whole trip with the premium package. Except I need to handle the taxi to and from Nachi. You know just incase I need to use my rudimentary Espanol!

Taxi’s were quite easy to and from Nachi. We had a classic onboard, we were offered numerous times to upgrade but never felt the need. The house wines kept us happy (The Wente Cabernet was our usual dinner drink).

Oh, and your server at Nachi just needs 20 minutes to get your cab on the way back.

Our experience boarding in Miami was a bit different. The lines were our the door and we stood in the hot sun for nearly and hour before even getting into the building. No shade to be had. We arrived around 11:00 AM, so wouldn’t recommend that. I think we were finally onboard around 1:30 ... I remember the rooms we ready shortly after we finally got through the lines for check in and security. We also had priority boarding but it didn’t seem to help much.

Disembarkation, on the other hand, was great! We were staying a couple of nights in Fort Lauderdale so weren’t on any time schedules. We had a nice breakfast in the dining room before heading off the ship. Their luggage pick up system is different and actually preferable to the big room where luggage is cordoned off according to color / number. There are a few large carousels that have the luggage of these color / numbers and it worked out well ... at least for us. If you had any mobility issues, I could see it being a problem, though. We went outside, ordered an Uber nand were at our hotel in Ft Luaderdale Beach by 10:15 AM. Luckily, our room was ready so we were able to check in immediately.

Our experience boarding in Miami was a bit different. The lines were our the door and we stood in the hot sun for nearly and hour before even getting into the building. No shade to be had. We arrived around 11:00 AM, so wouldn’t recommend that. I think we were finally onboard around 1:30 ... I remember the rooms we ready shortly after we finally got through the lines for check in and security. We also had priority boarding but it didn’t seem to help much.

Disembarkation, on the other hand, was great! We were staying a couple of nights in Fort Lauderdale so weren’t on any time schedules. We had a nice breakfast in the dining room before heading off the ship. Their luggage pick up system is different and actually preferable to the big room where luggage is cordoned off according to color / number. There are a few large carousels that have the luggage of these color / numbers and it worked out well ... at least for us. If you had any mobility issues, I could see it being a problem, though. We went outside, ordered an Uber nand were at our hotel in Ft Luaderdale Beach by 10:15 AM. Luckily, our room was ready so we were able to check in immediately.

Weird, I guess no two boarding processes go the same! Our Uber dropped us off at the front door of the cruise terminal, and I think our time from car to glass of champagne was about 15 minutes. Really have never had this experience boarding a ship before.

My husband and I were just on this cruise. We arrived around 11:30am and were on the ship within 10-15 minutes. I guess the line situation changes within a few short minutes!

This was our first time cruising with Celebrity. The crew was very friendly and service couldn’t have been better. We’re thinking about returning next year if Aqua class isn’t too expensive..... We loved Blu. We actually found the food better there than the meal we had in Murano!

The only disappointment was how a situation was handled in the pool yesterday. There was a ground of young guys who were spiking a volleyball around for a good hour. It wouldn’t be an issue except they were continually hitting innocent bystanders in the face, head, etc. They were asked by fellow cruisers several times to stop, but they were belligerent in their response. “Shut up!” “Nope, don’t care!” “We’re not stopping - deal with it.” If I wanted that type of atmosphere or those type people on my cruise, I would’ve taken Carnival. The worst is that I am in the same age demographic as those guys and STILL found them to be the epitome of why millennials get a bad rap. Celebrity’s security officer stood idly by until she finally gave in and took the ball away. The guys managed to steal it back and had it taken away yet again because of their behavior. The whole situation just rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, the cruise was wonderful.

GAcruiser we are also sailing Aqua- next week. Anything we should look for in the dining room or elsewhere? We have never sailed in an aqua cabin before but we got an amazing price! I am a bit worried about the food as I have a bunch of dietary restrictions and I don't eat lamb, pork, smoked food or many cheeses. Did you try any beef, chicken or fish dishes? My mom booked our cabin and I didn't even think to look at the menu since after 15 cruises I figured it would be the standard fare.

My husband and I were just on this cruise. We arrived around 11:30am and were on the ship within 10-15 minutes. I guess the line situation changes within a few short minutes!

This was our first time cruising with Celebrity. The crew was very friendly and service couldn’t have been better. We’re thinking about returning next year if Aqua class isn’t too expensive..... We loved Blu. We actually found the food better there than the meal we had in Murano!

The only disappointment was how a situation was handled in the pool yesterday. There was a ground of young guys who were spiking a volleyball around for a good hour. It wouldn’t be an issue except they were continually hitting innocent bystanders in the face, head, etc. They were asked by fellow cruisers several times to stop, but they were belligerent in their response. “Shut up!” “Nope, don’t care!” “We’re not stopping - deal with it.” If I wanted that type of atmosphere or those type people on my cruise, I would’ve taken Carnival. The worst is that I am in the same age demographic as those guys and STILL found them to be the epitome of why millennials get a bad rap. Celebrity’s security officer stood idly by until she finally gave in and took the ball away. The guys managed to steal it back and had it taken away yet again because of their behavior. The whole situation just rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, the cruise was wonderful.

GAcruiser we are also sailing Aqua- next week. Anything we should look for in the dining room or elsewhere? We have never sailed in an aqua cabin before but we got an amazing price! I am a bit worried about the food as I have a bunch of dietary restrictions and I don't eat lamb, pork, smoked food or many cheeses. Did you try any beef, chicken or fish dishes? My mom booked our cabin and I didn't even think to look at the menu since after 15 cruises I figured it would be the standard fare.

I tried several beef pasta dishes and all were wonderful. I also had some ceviche and scallop appetizers that were also very good. Honestly, we didn’t have a single bad meal in Blu. There was only one dish we’d describe as just “ok” which was the lamb shank. I think it spent a little too much time in the oven. It wasn’t bad, just a bit dry. They’re also happy to modify dishes for you. For instance, I’m weird and abhor bacon; there were a few dishes that I thought sounded good if they were sans bacon and the staff at Blu was easily able to make those dishes for me.

Download the Celebrity App. You should be able to see the menus for most restaurants. I know the MDR is listed daily.

Download the Celebrity App. You should be able to see the menus for most restaurants. I know the MDR is listed daily.

This is how I first realized that the menus are going to be a problem. The cheeses and things are often an issue even in the proteins I can have. I am glad to hear they will work with you. If not I am having baked chicken and the steak every night!

Guess (or hope) you are back home now? If you have time, could you say if the app was accurate with meal menus and activities?

We went outside, ordered an Uber nand were at our hotel in Ft Luaderdale Beach by 10:15 AM. Luckily, our room was ready so we were able to check in immediately.

Could you give me an idea of how much $$ the Uber was from the port to FLL? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess (or hope) you are back home now? If you have time, could you say if the app was accurate with meal menus and activities?

Very accurate, no issues in regards to the MDR. We did eat at Tuscan night 1, so can’t verify that night.