Plug sockets on Spirit for cabins - exact type please?

Hi

On the spirit can anyone confirm what type of sockets they are please, ideally with a pic or exact type, and also how many are in each standard cabin please? Is this the type? (see attached pic)

I will need some more adapters as seems the holiday fairy has lost them again this year!

Thanks

s-l300.jpg.a649de9e01e75ea2a1e1248de56642e1.jpg

Edited by MrLoLoLo

Hi

On the spirit can anyone confirm what type of sockets they are please, ideally with a pic or exact type, and also how many are in each standard cabin please? Is this the type? (see attached pic)

I will need some more adapters as seems the holiday fairy has lost them again this year!

Thanks

Thats the right type ,two pin round. No per cabin could vary, probably at least two but unless anyone has stopped in every cabin hard to be definitive.

Thats the right type ,two pin round. No per cabin could vary, probably at least two but unless anyone has stopped in every cabin hard to be definitive.

Great thanks. Good point on number ha ha!!

The sockets we had on Spirit were fitted "upside down" so that the earth pin was in the 6 o'clock position - not an issue for polarity when using an adaptor designed for UK plugs.

However there could be a problem if using a device powered with this type of plug.

PLUG.jpg

The sockets are located close above the dressing table and (depending on the configuration of adaptor + plug) may foul against this surface and not fit into the adaptor.

That can be avoided by taking a short UK extension lead for connection to the adaptor - it doesn't "know" when/if it's upside down, or not.

That's the correct adaptor. We got back from Spirit on Sunday after a wonderful week but we could only find one socket in the cabin, above the dressing table so your adaptor plus a standard UK 4 socket extension would be useful.

If you have no 4 way adaptor and need to use a usb charger make sure you have a top or side outlet type as you won't be able to use a bottom outlet type.

I seem to remember a thread on CC a while ago that said that surge protected extension leads were not allowed. Something to do with the ships own protection circuits. I could be wrong, Mrs S2B will confirm this is my default state, but it might be worth checking. I take a standard 4 outlet usb hub that plugs into an adapter plug. Job done and never a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's correct, mine is not surged protected, a standard UK extension is fine.

There is also a decent selection of adaptors with the so called 2 pin "Europlug" which have USB sockets.

I found a rewireable extension and a 2 pin kettle lead for European sockets - cut off the kettle plug end and rewired it into the extension - no need for adaptors - works on most cruise ships and across all the popular Med and Canaries holiday destinations.