"Land Legs"

Just got off the AOS Friday and still trying to get my land legs. I never got sea sick the whole cruise thanks to the sea sick patch but now my head is foggy and not feeling myself. I feel like i'm still rocking but not as bad as I did on Friday.

Hope it passes soon...

Give it about a week.

I've seen some on here mentioning weaning off the patch vs taking it off once on land to avoid a side effect of prolonged sea legs.

I don't use the patch, but it usually takes me 2 days to return to normal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This worries me since I've never cruised. Lol. Is this a common thing? We plan on buying those sea watch type things for motion sickness

No need to be worried, the sensation on land is fleeting and not likely to make you sick.

I am extremely prone to sea sickness and begin to take meclizine 2 days before sailing 2x a day. During the cruise I also have to take it. When I get home I have to take it for 10-14 days because it effects my balance so bad. It’s like being really drunk and having the bed spins when you lay down....but I wouldn’t know anything about that!! 😜😳

This worries me since I've never cruised. Lol. Is this a common thing? We plan on buying those sea watch type things for motion sickness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Nothing to worry about. Even though I feel a little off, im keeping hydrated and it is getting better. I will still cruise despite this feeling. My other family members all have different forms of this. No one is actually bed ridden over it and its not stopping me from going about my day. I go back to work tomorrow and im sure working will get my mind off of it.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Just got off the AOS Friday and still trying to get my land legs. I never got sea sick the whole cruise thanks to the sea sick patch but now my head is foggy and not feeling myself. I feel like i'm still rocking but not as bad as I did on Friday.

Hope it passes soon...

This has never happened to me and I have been on many cruises .Hopefully you will be fine soon.

I already have ear problems. So I usually take Dramamine the night before we cruise and also the first night of the cruise. Then, I take it another two nights on the night before we get off the ship and the first night home.

You also can try Benadryl to see if that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I like port intensive cruises because we get off the ship for about 4 hours each stop and never feel the motion feeling on land.

TA or several days at sea without setting foot on land might bring a different outcome for some people.

Only been sick once on a ship,after a particularly rough ferry crossing I was waiting for the gangway to be opened when this woman staggered passed,stopping just long enough to be sick right next to me,the combination of the sight,sound & smell was too much & had me heading for the gents,felt such a fool,we were tied up & when I came out everyone else had gone!

In contrast to my Mother,we had to give up travelling by sea as she was sick for a week before setting foot on board & for a week after!