World cruise blogs?

Summergee

Thanks! I am having the best time, and am really looking forward to Auckland :)

Hi Safarigal, loving your blogs. Keep them coming😄

It is so nice to sail along with you. Bringing back happy world cruising days for me.

Have a great time.

Hi Safarigal, loving your blogs. Keep them coming

It is so nice to sail along with you. Bringing back happy world cruising days for me.

Have a great time.

Thanks - you were an inspiration to me. We are in Manaus today - all of those shoe shops with air-conditioning..............................talk about temptation!

Edited by safarigal

• 11 months later...

Just read safari gals blog on this rainy 30th December, what an amazing read, thank you for spending the time writing this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to do a world cruise, and have looked at 2019, though Mr SK says "no" to this plan. Never say never though, he once said he would never cruise......

I used to do the "live" notes but onboard internet speeds keep getting worse. The old trick to compose offline/paste once online doesn't help when one cannot even log in. It also used to help to avoid prime email checking times like after breakfast and before dinner. But even at 2AM things slowed down and speed dropped from 54Mb down to 1Mb. It's probably a combination of every passenger having a device in their pocket and running high bandwidth apps.

I used to do the "live" notes but onboard internet speeds keep getting worse. The old trick to compose offline/paste once online doesn't help when one cannot even log in. It also used to help to avoid prime email checking times like after breakfast and before dinner. But even at 2AM things slowed down and speed dropped from 54Mb down to 1Mb. It's probably a combination of every passenger having a device in their pocket and running high bandwidth apps.

Last year when Safari Gal wrote her blog, I would become concerned because she was not able to post for days. I realize that this was because of the internet speed but I would worry about her. :D

I will be meeting her this year and cannot wait.

Just read safari gals blog on this rainy 30th December, what an amazing read, thank you for spending the time writing this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to do a world cruise, and have looked at 2019, though Mr SK says "no" to this plan. Never say never though, he once said he would never cruise......

Although I had always wanted to do a world cruise, I never thought it would really happen. Looking back, every second of it was worthwhile - I do hope you get to do one some day, and we can read all about your adventures :)

Last year when Safari Gal wrote her blog, I would become concerned because she was not able to post for days. I realize that this was because of the internet speed but I would worry about her. :D

I will be meeting her this year and cannot wait.

That is so sweet! The internet was a real challenge - but with perseverance it all worked out. I look forward to hearing all about your voyage, and to meeting up after Osaka :)

I'm planning to blog from the QM2 on her World Voyage departing 10 January from Southampton. We're early sixties, from the UK, and this is our first World Cruise. You can find the blog at:

https://wordpress.com/view/martinandjansjourney.com

That is so sweet! The internet was a real challenge - but with perseverance it all worked out. I look forward to hearing all about your voyage, and to meeting up after Osaka :)

I'm planning to blog from the QM2 on her World Voyage departing 10 January from Southampton. We're early sixties, from the UK, and this is our first World Cruise. You can find the blog at:

Thank you for the link, I look forward to following your adventures.

Have a wonderful time.

Thanks so much for the link. Alas, we will not be on a World Cruise this year, but I will enjoy following along with your journey. Have a wonderful time!

• 2 weeks later...
I am on QV from Southampton to Los Angeles, and my blog is at

www.whereissafarigal.wordpress.com

Alas, not as professional as Roscoe's :)

Hi safarigal just been checking out your blog. You have some amazing pic on there. It looked like a great trip. I've not done anything like that.

Catherine x

Hi safarigal just been checking out your blog. You have some amazing pic on there. It looked like a great trip. I've not done anything like that.

Catherine x

We had the best time - I would love to do a world cruise again......maybe some day!

• 1 year later...