Kids Club Question

csj092809

Going on Carnival cruise in a few months. My son is 8 1/2 at sailing and does not want to hang out with 6/7 year olds. Will they let him go to the 9-11 room if I ask? Thanks! He can just stay with me if not, but would be nice to have a few minutes of adult time a day :)

Hey, there might even be a few other 8 y/o there to keep him company. Chances of them allowing him to move up are slim. Do you think the 9-11s want an 8 in with them? EM

All of his friends right now are 9-11, so yeah..I think they would be just fine hanging out with him. the difference in an almost 9 year old and a 9 year old is not the same as an almost 9 year old and a 6 year old. BIG DIFFERENCE.

For the most part, Carnival follows their rules guidelines pretty strictly. There's always exceptions, but that usually happens when one age group is abnormally larger than the other. In those cases, they may allow kids on the edge to move up or down.

But, I wouldn't count on that if I were you.

This question comes up here and on other social media sites as well. The answer is Maybe. Until you board the ship and ask you will not know. It is entirely up to the staff. As a general rule if the groups are not full they will try to accommodate one year. Since your child is only 6 months younger there is more likelihood of him moving than if he were a 5 year old wanting to be with a sibling. And please remember while you know your child, Carnival doesn't. They also must consider what is best for all the children. I hope it works out you that you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

On our last cruise my son was disappointed because the video games were part of the older kids room. The staff said that he could participate with the older kids if he wanted to because there weren’t a lot of kids on the ship. He ended up spending most of the time within his own age group but liked having the option.

On our last cruise my son was disappointed because the video games were part of the older kids room. The staff said that he could participate with the older kids if he wanted to because there weren’t a lot of kids on the ship. He ended up spending most of the time within his own age group but liked having the option.

That is what is going on in this situation, as well. I will ask, if they say no it is not a big deal. We will just have to spend money in the arcade for him to play games, lol.:D

As some have already said, I think it depends on the staff and how many kids are in the programs. Our situation was a little different on our most recent New Years cruise with our 8 and 11 year old. Because big sister was in the 9-11 program they allowed our 8 year old to initially join the 9-11 group but said if she wanted to, she could go back to her owe age group. Then again this was December/January. When we've sailed during the summer with several other families with kids they were much stricter on letting kids move up into different programs.

Also someone mention that the 9-11 year old's are allowed to sign in and out but that's only if permission is granted. Good luck

In my experiences, they never allowed our kids to move up a level. My kids are 1 year a part in age, and my daughter missed the age to move up by only a couple months. They wouldn't let her go to the older kids room. She still ended up having a great time with her age group and it was just one more thing to look forward to on the next cruise for her. Sometimes, they will combine groups if they don't have many kids that week. A few weeks ago we were on the Breeze and Circle C and Club O2 did most things together. All the groups are great though, so I hope he has fun in what ever group he goes to.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app

Which ship are you on?

When my son was 5.5 he was bored out of his mind with the 2-5 year olds and they offered to moved him up to the next room which was 6-11 year olds together. I knew my son could handle being with older kids so we were fine with it. He had a blast. This was on the Pride during summer months,

When my son was 6.5 we were on the Magic (summe time again) and he was in the 6-8 group, but they did a lot of things with the 9-11 group. the wall was removable and at times it was sectioned off and other times it was just one big room. He had plenty of video game time. Honestly I think I saw the room more open and together than not.

We are on the Fascination. It is a pretty small ship. I am going in early May so not sure if school is out in Puerto Rico then..especially after the kids missing so much for hurricane. It is really hit or miss on the # of kids on board. The real issue is that he does not want to sit and play with toys or do arts and crafts. He is more tech oriented, so he is wanting to be where he can play the video games. I will just ask when I get on the ship :) I appreciate all the feedback.

I will be on the Fascination in April and am going to try to get my 11 and 8 months year old, into Circle C(12-14) with his brother. I'll let you know if I was successful. My child has been in a few of these Carnival clubs and hates board games and arts and crafts. I was wondering if asking John Heald in advance would help, any ideas?