What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

Maybe it's like those bird stickers so they don't fly into the window. Instead it's human stickers so they don't walk into the window.
. :')

I actually just thought they liked to decorate their stateroom and add a little extra-special something to it. But since you've admitted to being a clutter-free minimalist in your stateroom, I'm guessing you're not running out to buy some for your next trip. ;)

405511.jpg

I always bring a soft cooler like this one. It collapses flat in luggage, but I use it like a packing cube. On the ship, I use it as a refrigerator. In a Studio cabin on NCL, there is no fridge so I have used my ziploc bags filled with ice and put the cooler on the shower floor filled with with the ice bags and anything I wanted to keep cold. Last cruise, I was sent gifts of chocolate covered strawberries and a cheese plate and I kept it all cold/refrigerated this way. On port days, I bring a water bottle, snacks, juice, etc.

Edited by JulieAF

405511.jpg

I always bring a soft cooler like this one. It collapses flat in luggage, but I use it like a packing cube. On the ship, I use it as a refrigerator.

I also take one. I use it to transport my left over Beer Bucket beers. A bit classier than walking around with an actual beer bucket. :)

COLOR copies of your passport and drivers license! Carry them with you when you depart the ship and keep a spare set in your on-board travel bags. They can be life savers and don't take up any room!

Great idea boze9999. We learned a vital lesson from an article in International Travel News of the troubles a lady had proving to the French authorities that she was indeed the wife of her husband who had just died while they were on vacation. It is so easy to get an official certified copy of your marriage license (not a copy of it), it has no expiration date and weighs a fraction of an ounce. We keep ours in a red paper folder with color copies of our passports and our driver's license. The folder just stays in our luggage ready for our next adventure.

Mary

Great idea boze9999. We learned a vital lesson from an article in International Travel News of the troubles a lady had proving to the French authorities that she was indeed the wife of her husband who had just died while they were on vacation. It is so easy to get an official certified copy of your marriage license (not a copy of it), it has no expiration date and weighs a fraction of an ounce. We keep ours in a red paper folder with color copies of our passports and our driver's license. The folder just stays in our luggage ready for our next adventure.

Another option (and what we do) for these documents, is to simply create digital images of them on our phone. That way, they're available immediately whenever asked for, and this eliminates the need to carry hard-copy copies of everything.

For a few pennies more, folks who feel a need to bring duct tape can purchase "gaffer" tape (at most hardware stores) instead (actually, if you need the tape, you can "borrow" it from the entertainment personnel on the ship). Gaffer tape holds as well as duct tape for most applications but leaves zero residue when removed.

Also, any contemporary smart phone has a flashlight, nightlight, alarm clock, camera (pix quality on iPhone 7+ and later models is excellent), and capability for TV remote app, off line maps, all essential travel docs, et al.

IMO, if you need OTD shoe hangers, extension cords (ship will provide for CPAP), etc., you're bringing way too much stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading this thread I was about to respond as well concerning the cellphone being a source for many of these items. People forget there is a flashlight app for their phone. I use it ALL the time. Also, alarm clock. If you turn your phone "ON" while in port it will update to the right time. Take pictures of important documents with your phone...you can even email/ text the photo to yourself or to family members if you feel you will lose your phone!

After reading this thread I was about to respond as well concerning the cellphone being a source for many of these items. People forget there is a flashlight app for their phone. I use it ALL the time. Also, alarm clock. If you turn your phone "ON" while in port it will update to the right time. Take pictures of important documents with your phone...you can even email/ text the photo to yourself or to family members if you feel you will lose your phone!

Be careful with updating your phone to the time on the islands. Often times it is different than ship time, and we all know ship time takes priority.

I do agree however that the cellphone has a multitude of the gadgets mentioned all in one package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Ipad. It lets me keep in touch, do live threads. Set alarms, know the time, etc.

And with it, the converter for my camera memory card so I can upload pics to the Ipad. After a losing a camera once, never again.

And lastly my charger for my bluetooth keyboard. I am NOT a one finger typist. It died one cruise and fortunately a roll call memeber was able to bail me out.

I know those are technically 3 things but they all go with the Ipad.

So, I guess it's really 2 things for us - the corkscrew and the Ipad and all of it's necessities. ;)