Things Work Out Like They Should!

cheaperts

Ok, so we wanted to sail on the Star out of LA over Spring Break, go a couple of days early and visit family. But Airfare was prohibitive, just crazy expensive. We decided Last Friday to pull the trigger on the Pearl from NOLA instead, drivable and we like the itinerary. I emailed our TA, told her what we wanted....but never heard back....so it didn't get booked/paid Friday.

The Mrs. gets up Saturday morning and checks, just in case, on air to LA, finds we can suddenly get round trips on Southwest for 300 and change! I called our TA and booked/paid for the Star and then grabbed the cheap airfare. I got an upgrade bid offer and made a bid on a balcony (we are inside GTY at this point) The Mrs. said yesterday "just look and see what we can buy for an upgrade", as of last night, THE CRUISE IS FULL! Totally off the NCL website! Luck/timing/the cruising gods, whatever it is we're glad!:D

using all options/combos of airlines and search engines we colud not find under 550-600 and not great flight times, ended up like 336 RT each. Can't duplicate it again, might have happened on to a glitch but I'll take it!

Air prices usually start dropping about 60-45 days out.....then slowly start to rise again!

Our travel dates are right on spring break for a lot of the country, never under 450.00, we watched those dates since the first of the year, really think we caught a glitch in Southwest's system

I agree with you that sometimes things just work out as they should. Every now and then it’s a nice thing to get a break from the challenges.

Gotta love it when it does happen and be able to recognize it for what it is, appreciate it, and wear a really giant satisfied grin.

Good for you, ENJOY!