Need Information on Dayton, Ohio

Drew's Wife

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a wonderful day. I had a question and hope that someone on the boards might be able to help with some information.

We are going to Dayton, Ohio in a few weeks for a visit. We have reservations at Wright Patterson AFB for one night, but so far have been unable to secure a room there for the other nights. Hopefully they will have something come open and we can stay there the whole time.

We were there once before several years ago, however, we don't know anything about the area. Any information would be appreciated as far as hotels in a good area, restaurants, etc. Thanks so much!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update. We were able to secure Space A reservations to stay on base each night that we will be in Dayton. Yeah, glad to know that we were able to accquire these accomodations. Really looking forward to this trip as it has been several years since we have been there.

It will be very special for Drew to see AF26000, as it has been many years since his service. Looking forward to seeing the museum. Should be a very nice little trip for Labor Day.

SL

• 2 weeks later...

So glad to hear you got reservations for all the nights you need!

You will NOT be disappointed by the museum!! I first was there in 1971, and the last time I was there was last October: I've been all over the world since then, and I was STILL delighted by the museum!!! Just remember to bring and wear your most comfortable walking shoes.....

Hope you escaped "Mean Irene" intact!

Thank you so much. Really looking forward to going back to the museum. I think it has been about six years since we were there last. It is pretty much an all day "walking" thing.

Drew and I were talking last night, and he was telling me how much he loved being on the plane and some of his experiences with the different Presidents. It will really be a special trip for him with all his memories of his time with AF1, and for that reason it is very special to me.

No problem with Irene for us.....just some major thunderstorms this week....It's that time of year in Florida!

We just arrived home from our trip to Wright Patterson. Had a wonderful time.

We spent all day Thursday at the museum, saving the Presidential Hangar till Friday. We went over there at 10:30 for a very special day. It was our 10th Wedding Anniversary!

A couple of the ladies on the Fashion Board knew of the special plans that we had for Friday. A few months ago, Drew was able to get us permission to "renew our vows" on AF1!;) He served on 26000 and 27000 with several administrations, and this was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary.

The photographer was wonderful. He met us at the Presidential Hangar and took over 200 pictures. Once I get things unpacked and get some rest, I will try to load some of them to share.

A wonderful trip, but now it is so good to be home!:)

As promised here are some of the photos from our big day at Wright Patterson.

The weather was beautiful...we stayed on base and never left after we got there. Spent all day Thursday and the museum, then went back again on Friday. After walking all day, we were too tired to go anywhere, so we just always ate on base.

A really nice getway and Drew really enjoyed being able to be onboard the plane again.

rvr8.jpg.670bfb6cb7b85b14ae3be3f5fab288d7.jpg

vr2.jpg.7e6202a26083369b1201f8b65aecfe02.jpg

VR3.jpg.dde192faa081d2e1be6042e0aa21806b.jpg

VR6.jpg.0462387f1605eea9881ae0960ffb5285.jpg

vr9.jpg.5edc1e1500c38d52d282e0892e7771e8.jpg

vr10.jpg.1bd6bf39276efecbead9da8e8347a74e.jpg

vr11.jpg.5df1f97266e9dbbac71041f1deefa18c.jpg

vr12.jpg.5354598bb53789bc0c180a34c65eb4d0.jpg

vr14.jpg.2c982ade808b98f6cb0a3908cea93123.jpg

vr15.jpg.28eaf94ae85ae715e2a6e4c988b4a55e.jpg

vr20.jpg.fe611ba093eb587ed9c01c144a918c15.jpg

• 1 month later...
Thank you SO MUCH for your posts--and especially for posting all those WONDERFUL photos!! So glad to hear everything worked out so well!

You are most welcome and thank you for the kind words. We had so much fun. A really wonderful few days to celebrate our love.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived