Which Cruise for 3 Single Guys in their 40s/50s?

lsedels

We are 3 single guys in our 40s-50s considering a cruise at either end of July or end of August out of NYC. The cruises are:

Norweigian - Bahamas

Norweigian - Bermuda

Carnival - Eastern Carribean, including Nassau, Bahamas, Grand Turk

Celebrity - Bermuda

Holland America - Bermuda

Princess - Bermuda, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

While we don't want wild partying 20 y/o's, we also would prefer to choose a cruise that might attract other like minded singles (perhaps 40s) and people as opposed to something more family-oriented. Any suggestions or advice in this regard ... either with relation to the cruise destinations or even with relation to the cruise line?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Carnival is your best bet. There are always people having fun! It's not just couples or families. BUT!!!....If you are going in the summer when school's out, you are going to have alot of kids. I am going November 13th on the Carnival Valor. My sisters and I go and have a great time :)

Good Luck!

My experience after 14 cruises is Carnival. I actually prefer RCCL or even Celebrity but there will likely be more singles(that aren't kids traveling with their parents-on Carnival). The most important factor with singles I believe is timing because of cost considerations. When the prices go down and the kids are in school there will probably be more singles for example May and late August-September.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
We are 3 single guys in our 40s-50s considering a cruise at either end of July or end of August out of NYC. The cruises are:

!

Did you go? I'm in my 40's and my friend is celebrating her 55th on the Glory June 3, 2012 sailing if you are still around. :rolleyes:

If you are cruising in one cabin then choose Carnival because they have the larger 185sq.ft cabins. Try to get a balcony so you can have that feeling of extra space too. Plus you will have a large sofa.

NCL, & Princess has 148sq.ft. cabins.

All of the other cruiselines attract couples and older seniors mostly.

I cruise a lot as a single gal and I prefer Carnival because I meet lots of

fun cruisers young and old. You guys have a better chance of meeting gals in your age group on Carnival.

Check-out the Singles cruise groups. You will find several groups on-line.

I can't advertise the singles groups that I belong to because it is not

allowed. LucyR.

• 4 months later...

Norwegian - Bahamas

Norwegian - Bermuda

Carnival - Eastern Caribbean, including Nassau, Bahamas, Grand Turk

Celebrity - Bermuda

While we don't want wild partying 20 y/o's, we also would prefer to choose a cruise that might attract other like minded singles (perhaps 40s) and people as opposed to something more family-oriented. Any suggestions or advice in this regard ... either with relation to the cruise destinations or even with relation to the cruise line?

I always have the most fun on Carnival. I often cruise Solo and am definitely no 20 year old! My sister and I will be cruising out of Galveston May 7th on the Triumph and I plan to cruise solo back to back Dec 2nd to 16th doing the Eastern and Western Caribbean on the Carnival Glory. I've been on both of these ships before out of different ports and had a good time. You are less likely to find yourself on a "family-oriented" cruise if you travel at a time when most kids are in school. An added advantage of this is that the cruises are much cheaper (as much as half the price) whenever children are in school. Also when you go on board if you have assigned dining make it a point to meet with the maitre d' and ask to be assigned to a large table with other people traveling solo.

• 2 weeks later...

Norweigian - Bahamas

Norweigian - Bermuda

Carnival - Eastern Carribean, including Nassau, Bahamas, Grand Turk

Celebrity - Bermuda

Wish you were sailing the Dawn in November. I am dragging my single girlfriend along and she is in her mid to late 40's. She is looking for a few good men. They have to be career minded as she is a government worker for the revenue agency in our country, owns her own home, kids are pretty much grown and she loves fine wine and travel.

Here's hoping I can find her some single men on our cruise....

• 9 months later...

My recomendation would be Carnival, just because it's a bit more of a party. But good for you to recognize a great way to vacation if your 40-50ish. It will be fun no matter who you choose. This market is saturated with women your age, and for some reason men are missing out. I travel with my daughter, so i had lots of time on my own when she is at the kids club. When I sat at the bar to have a drink, talked to a man my age(40's) lot of women around seemed not happy and felt like they were on the hunt, I was just chatting. My daughter came and I had to leave, but Im sure they were happy. Ive been to Las Vegas lots of times, and there are lots of men, but by percentages a cruise is a great bet for guys your age. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Archived