Full face snorkel mask (THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT)

BillOh

Just got back from Bonaire, where I dove in the morning and then went snorkeling in the afternoon with my wife and friends. A few weeks before our cruise my wife saw this on Facebook and ask me to get it for her.

fullmask.gif

She tried it and loved it. The photo above is on my website and not a link to a particular vendor.

• 2 weeks later...
What is your website?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should have stated that differently the picture is just a file on a hosting site I built web pages on and for posting pics here.

I was looking for snorkels for my daughter and granddaughter for a cruise this past January and my sister recommended these. I got them for them and my daughter loved it, my granddaughter preferred the regular kind so I would use her face mask and she would use my goggles. I borrowed it for my next cruise. You don't feel claustrophobic... in fact, they are much more comfortable then regular goggles.

I have a mustache and wonder if these would be better. I usually take Vaseline and apply before the mask so that it seals better but looks like these may be better.

It might work good for you, you can probably still get it before your cruise.

OH!

I have a mustache and wonder if these would be better. I usually take Vaseline and apply before the mask so that it seals better but looks like these may be better.

It would be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have asthma and aren't supposed to snorkel, according to cruise ship excursions. I've never had any trouble before though, and have been doing it for years.

I read on a review for one kind that these make you work harder to breathe, but this person mentioned going under the water while using it. I rarely go under, and if so, not deep.

Those of you that have used them, do you find it harder to breathe with them? Thanks in advance.

I bought my wife a Tribord for our last cruise. The mouth piece on a traditional snorkel always hurt her mouth and the masks always seemed to leak and were uncomfortable. She loved it and was in the water longer than she'd ever been before. I borrowed it a couple times and thought it was very comfortable and easy to use.

For floating around on the surface they are great. They are not made for free diving however. You can go down about 10 feet or so but there is no way to equalize the pressure in your ears. Also as soon as the snorkel part gets under water it closes so you aren't sucking in water or have to blow it out afterwards.

We bought Head full face masks & love them. We scooted down to the bottom of the pool (about 15') & didn't have any ear issues. Glad we got them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're looking at these and wanted to know for those that used them this summer, anything new to add? Also, what was the verdict on the mustache? My DH has a goatee and the tradional goggle mask always leaks. Thanks!

Our daughter's boyfriend has a mustache & goatee & he says he'll never use a regular Snorkel again. Loves his full face Snorkel no leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by awhfy

When Amazon had the Prime day, I bought a Triboard based on reviews I had read about the different brands. So far, I've used it in our pool, and I really like it. It does seem like it is a little harder to breathe, but that may be just the getting used to it.