Bkfst/lunch main dining room dress code

Evkalyn

Last week on the Grand Princess, DH and I were treated to the site of a grown man wearing flannel pajama bottoms, a white undershirt, and slippers, to breakfast in the Horizon Court. Apparently "anything goes" now.

We were on the regal in January and I saw a woman early one morning in horizon court wearing her pajamas too, but with the added feature of curlers in her hair; at least they were fully dressed. One afternoon in HC a young woman sat by us wearing her thong bikini bottom. We avoided that section for the rest of cruise not wanting to sit where she had.

We were on the regal in January and I saw a woman early one morning in horizon court wearing her pajamas too, but with the added feature of curlers in her hair; at least they were fully dressed. One afternoon in HC a young woman sat by us wearing her thong bikini bottom. We avoided that section for the rest of cruise not wanting to sit where she had.

Lol, I like to eat breakfast in my pajamas too. It's called "room service" and it's delivered to the cabin. ;p

Last week on the Grand Princess, DH and I were treated to the site of a grown man wearing flannel pajama bottoms, a white undershirt, and slippers, to breakfast in the Horizon Court. Apparently "anything goes" now.

people of walmart...they live everywhere................

OK it only took four posts for a "daytime dress code" question to devolve into a "wearing pajamas in public" thread. Time to make the popcorn.

But to answer the original question re the MDR (OP said nothing about the HC) there really is no dress code. I have seen people in pool cover ups (that cover up essentially nothing) at MDR breakfast for years. And once at Afternoon Tea they tried to seat us at a table with a couple "gentlemen" wearing sweat-drenched wife beaters. After refusing they found a table for two for us, and one of the head waiters came over to apologize for no longer being able to refuse entry to the insufficiently attired anymore.

OK it only took four posts for a "daytime dress code" question to devolve into a "wearing pajamas in public" thread. Time to make the popcorn.

But to answer the original question re the MDR (OP said nothing about the HC) there really is no dress code. I have seen people in pool cover ups (that cover up essentially nothing) at MDR breakfast for years. And once at Afternoon Tea they tried to seat us at a table with a couple "gentlemen" wearing sweat-drenched wife beaters. After refusing they found a table for two for us, and one of the head waiters came over to apologize for no longer being able to refuse entry to the insufficiently attired anymore.

I would have asked him why he wasn't able to send them away to re-dress. From your description, their attire consisted of prohibited items for a DR.

OK i'll bite, what are " sweat-drenched wife beaters "?

OK i'll bite, what are " sweat-drenched wife beaters "?

Wife-beater = sleeveless men's undershirt.

For the record I do loathe the term but in the context of the topic it does flow. Though the older even less PC term "Guinea Tee" does seem to have become completely obsolete.

I just wanted to be sure that Yoga pants or jeans and a T were acceptable. Can't wait to see some of the doozies in store.

yesterday at work my friend and i were walking at break and noticed the hot girl in the office walking ahead of us in yoga pants. my friend said those were unprofessional to wear but i said 'who's going to tell her that'.

(---> putting on second batch of popcorn)

Seriously, how are PJ pants any different than Jeans or Yoga pants or anything. Uptight much?

Because if you wear your pajamas to the Horizon Court you will be shedding the detritus and debris of your night's sleep--or your night's non-sleep activity--amongst your fellow passengers and the food they will be serving themselves. Disgusting much?

Call me an old fashioned gal (in her 40's) that thinks it's inappropriate to wear PJs outside of the home. I find it strange that adults and younger people seem to think this is OK.

I also did not dress my children in PJs when I left the house and they were in a child carrier (that was more my DH's hang up). I know many people do that and I don't find that offensive, just not something I did.

I just grew up in a culture that required you to dress (nice isn't the word, but) not sloppy, when you left the house, even if just going grocery shopping. It used to annoy me as a kid.

I just wanted to be sure that Yoga pants or jeans and a T were acceptable. Can't wait to see some of the doozies in store.

I've seen people in yoga pants, and in sweaty shorts and shirts after a work out.

I've not seen people wearing PJs or swim suits in the MDR in all of our Princess cruises. That's not to say that it doesn't happen, but I've not seen it.

Jeans are acceptable even at night on non formal nights, as long as they are not frayed/with holes.

Dress code discussions make people crazy here on cc and there are many firm believers in not following the dress code and those that do.

Call me an old fashioned gal (in her 40's) that thinks it's inappropriate to wear PJs outside of the home. I find it strange that adults and younger people seem to think this is OK.

I also did not dress my children in PJs when I left the house and they were in a child carrier (that was more my DH's hang up). I know many people do that and I don't find that offensive, just not something I did.

I just grew up in a culture that required you to dress (nice isn't the word, but) not sloppy, when you left the house, even if just going grocery shopping. It used to annoy me as a kid.

I'm probably considered "old-fashioned" now too, but I prefer to think of it as "old-school". ;) I don't think it's acceptable to wear pajamas in public. I don't think it's asking too much for someone to put on clean clothing when dining in a public venue.

I'm probably considered "old-fashioned" now too, but I prefer to think of it as "old-school". ;) I don't think it's acceptable to wear pajamas in public. I don't think it's asking too much for someone to put on clean clothing when dining in a public venue.

(y) (y) (y)