re meat pies

LOL, I am not sure I would call it 'Love' but there is a friendship and there may even be a feeling of respect, maybe.:cool:

Settle down you blokes, CC is a family site, lol. :halo: Respect, that's the word.:p

LOL, I am not sure I would call it 'Love' but there is a friendship and there may even be a feeling of respect, maybe.:cool:

Thank you.

Funny really isn't it how you can grow to consider people friends that you've only met once or twice, or sometimes never.

'Poison Ivy' perhaps Uncle Mic. I was a fan of Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, back then. Saw them in concert around 1970 at ye olde Sydney Stadium, Rushcutters Bay, Sydney.:cool:

I remember they sold 'Scotts' meat pies at the Stadium, forgot to mention them. Scotts Pies were pretty popular, like Billy.

Pretty sure it was Scott's at "The Show" too. Or the woodfired ones near the woodchop.

Though for some reason I tend to find people who haven't met me are more likely to like me than those who have met me. No idea why though :'):confused::o

HMMMM, I am pretty sure I liked you better after I met you, no idea why though.;p

Maybe our wives can tell us.:confused:

Bendigo Victoria has the famous Gillies Pies, outstanding pies and sausage rolls. Haven't been there for a while but must make the effort,because Mic they have great Apple Turnovers with Cream.

Great work, the thread is back on track, go shout yourself a pie, sausage roll and apple turnover for lunch. Healthy 3 course lunch that....beats my egg salad.:(

Just been to Wauchope, didn't get to try a Timbertown pie, but did have a nice Chunky Steak pie from a bakery on Hastings st, there is actually a bakery each side, the one I had was brim the Bakery on the same side as the Court house (West I think).

Also had a sausage roll one day, it wasn't in the same category. OK, but not great

Bendigo Victoria has the famous Gillies Pies, outstanding pies and sausage rolls. Haven't been there for a while but must make the effort,because Mic they have great Apple Turnovers with Cream.

Gillies are pretty ordinary, if travelling to Bendigo call in to Malmsbury 2 klms off the freeway, best bakery I have come across, not cheap but well worth it.

Just been to Wauchope, didn't get to try a Timbertown pie, but did have a nice Chunky Steak pie from a bakery on Hastings st, there is actually a bakery each side, the one I had was brim the Bakery on the same side as the Court house (West I think).

Also had a sausage roll one day, it wasn't in the same category. OK, but not great

Thanks for the report Mr Gut, hope you have gravy stains to justify the said purchase.:*

Gillies are pretty ordinary, if travelling to Bendigo call in to Malmsbury 2 klms off the freeway, best bakery I have come across, not cheap but well worth it.

Some very good pie makers in Victoria. Several years ago we were in Beechworth, the Beechworth Bakery shop is huge, upstairs and downstairs with an excellent range of quality goods.:halo:

OK everyone hoping for some help. We are doing the Big bus during our pre cruise stay. We want to have Harry's wheels pie (to see how they compare to our local English pies (greggs etc). Which Harry's location would be the easiest to get off the bus to have a pie lunch.

TIA

OK everyone hoping for some help. We are doing the Big bus during our pre cruise stay. We want to have Harry's wheels pie (to see how they compare to our local English pies (greggs etc). Which Harry's location would be the easiest to get off the bus to have a pie lunch.

TIA

Not sure what bus you mean? They have a couple of routes

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/sydney/sydney-routes-and-tour-maps/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz-KdiJq81gIVShZoCh082wCIEAAYASACEgKZJvD_BwE

There is a Harry's on George Street near Capitol theatre I'd guess getting off at Central and a short walk down George would be the way to go.

Not sure what bus you mean? They have a couple of routes

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/sydney/sydney-routes-and-tour-maps/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz-KdiJq81gIVShZoCh082wCIEAAYASACEgKZJvD_BwE

There is a Harry's on George Street near Capitol theatre I'd guess getting off at Central and a short walk down George would be the way to go.

Woolloomooloo Bay stop (no.7) may be a better bet and go to the Cowper Wharf location.

There are public toilets to be found around Sydney, Hyde park and the Botanical gardens or any railway station would be easiest to find.

There was a Sydney CBD toilet map available on line, not sure if still available.:p But follow Uncle Mic's guide.