re meat pies

I was just at Woolworths and a tube of Pringles - Meat Pie flavour, jumped into my trolley. I think they were mentioned on here a few weeks ago by Mr Gut? Anyone tried them. :p

Have to wait until wine'oclock to sample them. So sad.

Hope yo survive the ordeal Uncle Lea, I believe they are Canada's answer to the Scot's Deep Fried Mars Barclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Hope yo survive the ordeal Uncle Lea, I believe they are Canada's answer to the Scot's Deep Fried Mars Barclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Crikey, I might have to smother them in Aldi tomato sauce. Give youse all a report later, if I am still alive.lol.:loudcry::eek:

I actually did try a deep fried Mars Bar in the UK a few years ago, purchased it at a fish and chipper in Essex, not Scotland, so probably not ridgey didge. I ate it but did not like it, perhaps I should have put salt and malt vinegar on it like the cod and chips.

DH and I have been in south west Victoria the past three days visiting my parents at Warrnambool. Yesterday we drove to Port Fairy and had lunch at Cobb's Bakery. I had a fabulous beef and veggie pastie and DH had potato/cottage pie and a beef and kidney one which he was most impressed with. They have a wide range of pies, pasties and sausage rolls plus I saw apple turnovers! Other district bakeries that produce great pies are Chitticks and Browns at Warrnambool and Clarkes at Mortlake. The Terang Country Bakery which has recently opened has already won places in the Great Australian Pie Competition.

Leigh

I was just at Woolworths and a tube of Pringles - Meat Pie flavour, jumped into my trolley. I think they were mentioned on here a few weeks ago by Mr Gut? Anyone tried them. :p

Have to wait until wine'oclock to sample them. So sad.

Well just had a couple of Pringles - meat pie flavour. Smaller box = smaller Pringles. look the same as others, and they have the Pringle crunch and I can taste a burnt taste like something remotely resembling a meat pie, - burnt pastry and meat flavour. Not bad, but not great, 6/10. Maybe the Teachers Scotch and Schweppes dry ginger ale was not the right adult beverage to accompany the Pringles.

Forwarded for information.:halo:

Well just had a couple of Pringles - meat pie flavour. Smaller box = smaller Pringles. look the same as others, and they have the Pringle crunch and I can taste a burnt taste like something remotely resembling a meat pie, - burnt pastry and meat flavour. Not bad, but not great, 6/10. Maybe the Teachers Scotch and Schweppes dry ginger ale was not the right adult beverage to accompany the Pringles.

Drop the pringles and the dry and you are set for the evening.:cool:

Crikey, I might have to smother them in Aldi tomato sauce. Give youse all a report later, if I am still alive.lol.:loudcry::eek:

I actually did try a deep fried Mars Bar in the UK a few years ago, purchased it at a fish and chipper in Essex, not Scotland, so probably not ridgey didge. I ate it but did not like it, perhaps I should have put salt and malt vinegar on it like the cod and chips.

ESSEX,are you sure,or is this a wind up lol.

ESSEX,are you sure,or is this a wind up lol.

No wind up Brian, I have relos in Benfleet and Rayleigh. I got the deep fried mars bar in Sarfend on Mud.:p They are quite common in London, I do believe.

Maybe you have been in exile in Calabria for too long old son, lol.

Made in Malaysia, not buying them anymore.:evilsmile: Pringles used to be made in Belgium.

John Birmingham's reason 10 for voting no (satirical):

Because have you ever seen a gay man eat a pie?. When the gay marriage law enslaves the bakers of the nation and forces them to make gay wedding cakes and nothing else there will be no more pies.

:eek:

Because have you ever seen a gay man eat a pie?. When the gay marriage law enslaves the bakers of the nation and forces them to make gay wedding cakes and nothing else there will be no more pies.

:eek::loudcry:

Is he related to Billy?

No wind up Brian, I have relos in Benfleet and Rayleigh. I got the deep fried mars bar in Sarfend on Mud.:p They are quite common in London, I do believe.

Maybe you have been in exile in Calabria for too long old son, lol.

We're only 25 miles from Southend and have relos in Canvey.Flying back next week for my 65th.I'll have to keep an eye out for those chippies and avoid them like the plague,lol.

We're only 25 miles from Southend and have relos in Canvey.Flying back next week for my 65th.I'll have to keep an eye out for those chippies and avoid them like the plague,lol.

Lovely place Canvey Island, been there for a scenic drive. Enough said. Perhaps thy should have built a Butlins Holiday Camp there back in the 1950's, might have beautified the place. lol. No disrespect intended Brian.:halo: Been to Kings Fish and Chip café in Rayleigh high street? Lubbly Jubbly and no deep fried Mars bars.:')

Ridgy didge Brian,last time I visited Southend on Sea chippies were selling them all along the foreshore and around the Kursaal. Best local oysters I ate were at the Old Tin Shed on Mercia Island.

Love Southend on Sea, walked that long pier many times.;p Yes, plenty of health food along the sea front.:eek:

Sorry that post on Essex should read The Company Shed on Mersea island,down Colchester way.Great seafood especially the local oysters.
Sounds good, Leigh on Sea near Sarfend has some great seafood too, cockles, whelks all that stuff.:')