Ajaccio, Corsica questions - late Sept

mikeysed

• 2 years later...
Hello,

We are cruising on a Western Mediterranean Sept 24th - Oct 3rd.

We are in Corsica on Sept 30th. Will it be warm enough to make it a beach day?

If so, any recommendations for the best beach near the port?

I know you are just getting back from you trip. we are leaving on the 11th. What is there to do in Corsica if you don't mine me asking?

Kathy

If you want to stay local, Ajaccio is where Napoleon is from and there are numerous landmarks detailing his history. There seemed to be plenty of cafes and restaurants and shopping within walking distance of the port entrance. There are plenty of nice sandy beaches that are within a cab ride away. If you want to range further afield, you can go up in to the mountains for some beautiful scenery and hiking/walking. There's also a nice honey farm nearby that may be of interest.

We enjoyed taking the little road train tour. As well as going around the town, it went quite a long way out along the coast road to a stop from where you could view some offshore islands. It was a fun little tour.

I went to Corsica a few years back and also really enjoyed the little train ride. We also bought some Corsican wine. It seemed really popular so we thought "why not?" Apparently not much is exported so if you want Corsican wine you have to buy it there. I cannot recall if it was good or not. We drank it.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello All,

I love the suggestion of getting up into the mountains for some scenery - especially for a few hours - the town is nice, but I've thoroughly explored it. Can anyone recommend a good way to get up into the mountains - are people waiting at the dock to offer excursions?