Mazatlan Frank tours still around?

igraf

Is Mazatlan Frank tours still in business? They are not answering my emails. I sent inquiries to all three email addresses with no reply. Our Mexican cruise is coming up and I need to make final arrangements for our stop in Mazatlan.

I am looking for a half day private city tour. I suppose that we could just do it ourselves with pulmonias/taxis.

igraf

Yes, Frank is in Canada for the time being, but he is still in business. I emailed him a month or so ago and he answered right away. Did you check your spam?

I've used his partners in Cabo and PV and would not hesitate to use any of Frank's partners. :) Hopefully the cruise ships will continue to stop in Mazatlan so Frank can come home to his family soon.

It took a few days, but I just received a reply from Frank. Sounds like he is setting up something for us from a remote location. I'll post what he comes up with for us once I find out.

igraf

Yes, Frank is in Canada for the time being, but he is still in business. I emailed him a month or so ago and he answered right away. Did you check your spam?

I've used his partners in Cabo and PV and would not hesitate to use any of Frank's partners. :) Hopefully the cruise ships will continue to stop in Mazatlan so Frank can come home to his family soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a city and Stone Island tour booked thru Frank, with his cohort "Smiley" for this coming week when I am there on HAL Veendam. He was good about emailing, although I do know he had some issues with his computer that have since been fixed.

Really glad the ships are going back to Mazatlan. It's been a while since I've been there. Used Frank a couple of time and really liked him. I'm sure Smiley will be good too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Mazatlán earlier this month and everything seemed just fine. There was a large police presence to ensure that there was no trouble.

We ended up touring Mazatlán on our own by taking taxis. It was easy and inexpensive, and included a free tour of the Pacifico brewery. Anyone can tour the brewery for free as long as one makes arrangements in advance. They even served free beer after the tour! Long pants and shoes are required to tour the brewery.

Taxis are typically US$5 per short ride or $20 per hour. We took three short taxi rides in the morning to tour downtown including the basilica and a small museum, toured the brewery and then returned to the ship for lunch (and to change into shorts and sandals!). We then hired a taxi for an hour and half to visit the Golden Zone during the afternoon.

Likewise, there is a very inexpensive water taxis near the ships if one wishes to visit Stone Island.

There is really no reason to go on an expensive bus tour in Mazatlán.

igraf

Buckett, please come back and tell us all about your stop in Mazatlan. I too miss that port of call and would love to hear how things are now.

• 2 weeks later...
Buckett, please come back and tell us all about your stop in Mazatlan. I too miss that port of call and would love to hear how things are now.

I give Smiley 2 thumbs up! Our group of 8 had him all to ourselves, and everyone loved him! He is very knowledgeable about Mazatlan, and took us to all the highlights, and finished by going over to Stone Island. I highly recommend him. It was $25 each since we had 8 people, less than 8 I believe was $35. Very reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...