Which Carnival ship would you book and not book?

NOSaints1

IMHO, the best class of Carnival ships is the Conquest class, specially the Liberty. It's perfectly sized, with the right amount of amenities.

Least favorite? The Fantasy class. Not that I would never book a cruise on one. But I would only pick them for a short or inexpensive getaway, but not for a major vacation.

Would you consider sailing the fantasy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantasy was my first cruise, loved that ship and will sail her again. The Conquest is my favorite class ship, but there is no ship I would not sail.

For - Carnival Legend, has the best laid out lido deck of any we've sailed on.

Against - Carnival Elation, the lifejacket storage at the end of the bed means you have to crawl over the bed to get to the side next to the ships side.

We've sailed Spirit, conquest, splendor and dream classes, and have yet to find a ship we didn't enjoy.

That said, our favorites are the Legend-partly because it was our first cruise and created our addiction, but also she's a pretty ship with a very "user friendly" deck plan.

And the other favorite is the Dream, love the lanai, serenity area and the thermal suite/spa. Actually...we just like pretty much everything on the dream.

I'll try to remember to let you know about the Magic when we get back a little later in the summer!

We have sailed on Conquest class three times, Dream class twice, soon to be Sunshine class, Splendor class, and another Conquest class. We prefer the layout of the Dream class the most.

You should have a fun time on any ship class you choose..

I personally prefer the "Dream" class ships at this juncture. (Go go Cove Balconies!!) Sailed the Breeze last September, the Dream this past February and doing the Breeze again this September.

I haven't yet sailed on a Conquest class so I can't rate them so to speak.

First cruise was on the Legend since Spirit class are the largest that can sail from Tampa due to the bridge. Since it was my first cruise experience it's kind of hard to rate it since I went it to it "blind" so to speak.

My least favorite ship was the Paradise, UGH, what a piece O'Garbage IMO.

It left such a bad taste in my mouth that even if Carnival offered me a free cruise on her (Or any Fantasy class) again, I'd decline.

I won't say I will never, but I wouldn't want to sail any fantasy class ships. I love the dream class ships. Wouldn't hesitate to book one, especially the Breeze. Can't wait to sail on the Vista though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a special place in my heart for Elation. I've been on some really beautiful ships but I'm also fine with older and smaller.

Booked a B2B on Fantasy for less than one cruise on Splendor after reading multiple good reviews of Fantasy.

That said, the answer to your question: I wouldn't book Sunshine and I adore Glory. We shall see about Fantasy but I know we'll have a great time.

Is there a list to reference which ships are in which class? I've been on 2 Carnival Cruises-loved the Pride, and the Glory was ok, but we did not like the layout of the middle decks.

http://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Policies/ShipClassGuide.ashx

We would never do the Dream Class again. Way too many people. We like the Conquest Class the best.

Edited by RWolver672

We've sailed Spirit, conquest, splendor and dream classes, and have yet to find a ship we didn't enjoy.

That said, our favorites are the Legend-partly because it was our first cruise and created our addiction, but also she's a pretty ship with a very "user friendly" deck plan.

And the other favorite is the Dream, love the lanai, serenity area and the thermal suite/spa. Actually...we just like pretty much everything on the dream.

I'll try to remember to let you know about the Magic when we get back a little later in the summer!

Well said. I mourn her being moved to New Orleans We sailed her Four times and that was not near enough.

We would never do another Fantasy Class -- we found it downright creepy to have no lower outdoor deck. The only other ship we've been on built like that was the Tropicale -- but it was so much smaller it wasn't as obviously lacking.

Never say never - but it would need to be an incredible deal :rolleyes:

We didn't care for the Fascination. It was trying to exit the ship which was the worst. Debarkation was awful. Of course, now they have FTTF, so we may be willing to book another cruise on it. We really like the bigger ships though. Plus the cabins are small--at least the balcony was.

Dream class mainly because of the Cloud 9 Spa cabins, would not book the Sunshine due to continuing bad reviews, but the ship is improving on Cruise Critic's reviews, it is up to 62% love it...When the Sunshine gets above 70% I would consider it if the price was low...

Out of each of the class of ships which ones would you choose and which ones would you stay away from and your reasons why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would book any class of ship if the price was right. I wouldn't pay as much for a Fantasy class ship as I would for a newer class, but I still have fun on Fantasy class ships. Each ship has pros and cons. For example, even though the Fantasy class ships are older, they are smaller and easy to get around on. You can also find some great deals on the older ships I love the aft wrap balcony suites on the Spirit class ships, so if I want to book a special cabin, I would opt for that and book in advance to get what I want.

Edited by winddawn

So far, the Legend remains our favorite, and maybe because she was our first and the start of our addiction. Now we've been on so many others maybe we should go back on a Spirit class ship to see if it's still the favorite :p

We have had no bad cruises but hubby least prefers the Dream class only due to size and amount of people.