Princess Survey.....are results shared with crew who are mentioned?

grak

On the Princess survey I complained about a specific crew member. I would be surprised if I were the only one doing so. Are the comments shared with the person? Equally, are compliments shared?

I guess it is shared since every crew member we have been in direct contact with during the cruise gives the survey more importance than the compliment card. I was told it was also a major factor on their possible promotion or contract renewal. So i think any complaint will probably be relayed to the crew member thru his superiors

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Princess survey I complained about a specific crew member. I would be surprised if I were the only one doing so. Are the comments shared with the person? Equally, are compliments shared?

I think they might be shared. When we were on the Ruby in Feb. we had a really good waiter. He mentioned not getting any good comments on the last cruise. He really went out of his way to be helpful so we made sure and left a good review.

I guess it is shared since every crew member we have been in direct contact with during the cruise gives the survey more importance than the compliment card. I was told it was also a major factor on their possible promotion or contract renewal. So i think any complaint will probably be relayed to the crew member thru his superiors

I agree.

Tony

I filled out a comment card and dropped it by the Passenger Services desk mid-cruise several years ago. I had a waiter who was a jerk and was not following protocol. The next day, a Head Waiter found me to talk about the situation and informed me that the waiter would be disciplined. He wished I had spoken to him directly so the situation could have been dealt with right away as opposed to waiting until the next day. I have never wished discipline on any wait staff but this guy was a jerk. When I saw the waiter later, it was obvious he was aware of the situation.

Depends, but an abundance of negative comments would certainly be brought to the attention of the employee.

The results of these surveys go to the department heads. It would be up to them to share or not share depending on what was said. There is also a place on the survey to specifically commend any crew member, or any group, for example the coffee barista group.

I really believe the complaints are look at more closely than the complements. Most people like to praise the crew highly for just doing their everyday job and there's nothing wrong with that since most of them are great.

The complaints seem to be addressed almost immediately as Princess likes to make corrections ASAP especially if you use the comment cards on the ship during the cruise.

I can't blame them.

They are definitely shared with the crew. We oftentimes sail on the same ship within months of the previous cruise. I complimented a few of the staff members as I injured myself on one of my cruises and they took such good care of me. The next time I was back onboard, a couple of the staff members thanked me for the positive reviews I had written. I was told they actually got to look at the comment card itself.

Anyhow, those ones you fill out on the ship may go to corporate as well as being on the ship but to be on the safe side, I always send my compliments in via the online survey to make sure that the powers to be also see the compliments about the staff.

Keep in mind there are 2 different things being talked about here - the comment cards you can turn in onboard and the email survey that you received after the cruise. From what we're reading here, the onboard comment cards are more likely to be addressed immediately if there's a problem. I would hope they'd also pass along good comments. Does anyone have any knowledge of comments in the email survey being passed along to individuals or department heads?

Keep in mind there are 2 different things being talked about here - the comment cards you can turn in onboard and the email survey that you received after the cruise. From what we're reading here, the onboard comment cards are more likely to be addressed immediately if there's a problem. I would hope they'd also pass along good comments. Does anyone have any knowledge of comments in the email survey being passed along to individuals or department heads?

Not that I know anything but it's doubtful that the surveys you fill out after a cruise do any were's as much good as the comment card on the ships. The problems reported ion the ship are dealt with immediately whereas the surveys seem to be just general information.

Cruise Raider gave a great example of the email survey compliments being shared with the crew mentioned.

The "You Made a Difference" cards have two impacts, per conversations we've had with crew members. First is that they are entered into a drawing, and the winner receives an award. We also heard of cards being put on a bulletin board display for all to read. Second, compliments delivered via these cards go into the employee's records, and can figure significantly when it comes to contract renewal.

Similarly the compliments included in the emailed survey also are shared and figure into the rehire decision at contract renewal time.

The result is that good behavior is rewarded, and all the crew know this. We, the passengers, are thus rewarded with really good service that makes Princess Cruises a brand that we continue to sail on.

Cruise Raider gave a great example of the email survey compliments being shared with the crew mentioned.

The "You Made a Difference" cards have two impacts, per conversations we've had with crew members. First is that they are entered into a drawing, and the winner receives an award. We also heard of cards being put on a bulletin board display for all to read. Second, compliments delivered via these cards go into the employee's records, and can figure significantly when it comes to contract renewal.

Similarly the compliments included in the emailed survey also are shared and figure into the rehire decision at contract renewal time.

The result is that good behavior is rewarded, and all the crew know this. We, the passengers, are thus rewarded with really good service that makes Princess Cruises a brand that we continue to sail on.

That's what I've come to understand too. Our cabin stewards lately have been more excited about the positive comment cards than the generous additional cash tip. :confused:

We have even been told that the comments on the post cruise survey will also help (or hurt) with promotions as well as extra free time.

I filled out a comment card and dropped it by the Passenger Services desk mid-cruise several years ago. I had a waiter who was a jerk and was not following protocol. The next day, a Head Waiter found me to talk about the situation and informed me that the waiter would be disciplined. He wished I had spoken to him directly so the situation could have been dealt with right away as opposed to waiting until the next day. I have never wished discipline on any wait staff but this guy was a jerk. When I saw the waiter later, it was obvious he was aware of the situation.

I suggest that the Head Waiter's reaction to your negative comment was that he would have preferred to address the problem himself. Once you put the card it, the matter was known to the Maitre d', the Hotel Manager and head office. Maybe this reflected negatively on the Head Waiter himself. The Maitre d' etc. could well have the attitude that if he was watching his staff, the incident (whatever it was) wouldn't have happened, or he should have intervened before you were upset enough to put in a comment card.

I feel really bad since I have never filled out a comment card or survey. I also have trouble reading the name tags. Next cruise I promise to have a pen and slip of paper with me to write down names and notes so I can properly acknowledge great service. No more excuses I am going to make this happen :)

I feel really bad since I have never filled out a comment card or survey. I also have trouble reading the name tags. Next cruise I promise to have a pen and slip of paper with me to write down names and notes so I can properly acknowledge great service. No more excuses I am going to make this happen :)

I took along a slip of paper and pen with me and wrote down their first names, then asked them to spell or write down their last names, so I could provide their full name on both the comment cards and the online surveys. I never saw a group of people work harder at trying to please passengers, including my husband and me. They remember even the smallest details of what we asked for --- and we tried not to ask for very much.

We were assigned to Anytime Dining, which means that we did not always have the same table every night. Nonetheless, the waiters and jr. waiters remembered from a couple of nights past that I liked to drink ice tea; and they would always ask, "Are you having iced tea tonight, madam?" I wonder how many beverage orders and personal preferences they memorized with each new shipload of passengers.

It is long hours and tedious physical labor, but they always remembered to smile and remain cheerful. There must be days when they are exhausted or not feeling well, but they always seem to be happy and energetic. We were extremely impressed, and that is why we are booking another cruise with Princess. - EBC

Whenever I encounter a crew member who I think has gone above and beyond. I write their name (first & second) on one of my business cards as I carry them everywhere. If you do not have bus cards or similar, I am sure if you asked ANY staff member for their name because you want to recognise their efforts they would be able to find you a slip of paper and a pencil quick smart.

I make sure to fill out both the on-board and email survey with their names because I take the bus cards with me for reference when I get home.

I have a friend who is an ex-Cruise Ship staff member, he tells me that good reviews can lead to bonuses for staff such as an extra day or shift off, time off in port etc. which is like GOLD for them. Stuff we never see.

These guys work so hard just to maintain the standard level of service, if YOU think they have done a great job it takes very little effort to submit a positive review. Lets face it, it's a free "pay it forward" for other cruisers.

They are passed on. After filling out a card mid-cruse, the next day the person I had praised thanked me for making the comment about him.

Also, when doing a backstage tour I saw comment cards from passengers posted in a dressing room.

On our CaribbeanP TA a few weeks ago, our waiter told us he'd be waiting to read the comments we made on our survey. He was leaving on the day we disembarked, and he said that Princess would email the comments to him.

I hope they are shared, as we praised some great folks on the Crown we just got off and gave some real bad comments on a real bad waiter. He basically held the carpet down, didn't do any of the standard princess actions I have come to know. Near the end he wasn't even serving us as other waiters came to help actually deliver the food to us vs him...he didn't even speak to us, usually they at least as how was your day, nice to see you...nothing!

We've been told by many of the crew: Giving their name on the POST CRUISE Survey is greatly appreciated and will be read by corporate.

While the Comment Cards are nice, what they really want is to be mentioned on the Post Cruise Survey.