Adjoining Mini-Suite Cabins - Regal Princess

drpack

I'm booked in an adjoining mini-suite cabin on the Marina Deck. I was wondering where the door for the adjoining cabin is located.

My choice was an adjoining cabin with cabins above and below or a cabin with the pool deck or Horizon Court above. I think I choose the lesser of the too evils in terms of noise. Any thought or comments?

I believe it is roughly across from the opening to closet/bathroom entrance (not sure how familiar you are with the layout). I was also told the door is where the full-length mirror would be in non-connecting cabins. I was in one 2 years ago and I can't remember but I believe that is correct (No full-length mirror in connecting mini-suites).

I'll be there again in 13 days so I can confirm then!

I believe it is roughly across from the opening to closet/bathroom entrance (not sure how familiar you are with the layout). I was also told the door is where the full-length mirror would be in non-connecting cabins. I was in one 2 years ago and I can't remember but I believe that is correct (No full-length mirror in connecting mini-suites).

Thanks. I read somewhere else that they don't have a door between cabins like they have on the older ships. Something about a passage outside the main cabin door that they can close off. I've seen that on other ships, but never noticed it on when I sailed on the Regal Princess.

Thanks. I read somewhere else that they don't have a door between cabins like they have on the older ships. Something about a passage outside the main cabin door that they can close off. I've seen that on other ships, but never noticed it on when I sailed on the Regal Princess.

I saw that posted as well but I don't think that's true on Regal.

The cabin on a deck with cabin deck above and below will be the better choice to avoid noise. The cabin below the Horizon Court will likely have the chance of noise problem especially if the cabin is directly under the galley.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes that is where they are. We stayed in an adjoining cabin on the Royal. The door between the cabins was installed well after the ship was put into service and we could easily hear conversations in the next room. Not sure if they all were so poorly insulated but our cabin steward must have heard complaints before because he told us that shoving a towel under the bottom of the door helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw that posted as well but I don't think that's true on Regal.

I've seen several videos of inside of adjoining cabins and I couldn't see a door anywhere. Kind of why I was wondering where they connect.

Adjoining cabins are next to each other. Connecting cabins have an interior door between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I was using the wrong terminology. I ment connecting cabins.

I finally found a video that shows where the connecting door is located.

https://youtu.be/pZdl6PTyFT4?t=1m4s