New Orleans

cltcruiser

Hi there....question for you guys. We are heading out on the Fantasy November 10. I am looking for advice on a good hotel to stay at the night before departure. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but on the other hand, we want to be in a family-friendly place (we have small children).

Are there hotels that offer parking options during the cruise, or did I imagine hearing that sometime?

Any any rate, any and all help would be much-appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there....question for you guys. We are heading out on the Fantasy November 10. I am looking for advice on a good hotel to stay at the night before departure. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but on the other hand, we want to be in a family-friendly place (we have small children).

Are there hotels that offer parking options during the cruise, or did I imagine hearing that sometime?

The program is called park and fly,,,,,but people use it for sailing too:D I don't know which hotels might have it in NOLA, though,,,,,maybe someone else will,,,,,Holly

Good Luck. We are on the same cruise and had a hard time finding a hotel. Most of the hotels were booked since the American Heart Assn has their national convention in New Orleans. We ended up booking the LaQuinta - West Bank. Check the New Orleans port board for more info on hotels.

Good Luck. We are on the same cruise and had a hard time finding a hotel. Most of the hotels were booked since the American Heart Assn has their national convention in New Orleans. We ended up booking the LaQuinta - West Bank. Check the New Orleans port board for more info on hotels.

Wow, OK. I was wondering that the deal was with that weekend. Seems prices were jacked up and availability limited the night of the 9th, and I guess that is why.

Will see what we can come up with. Thanks for your help!

Wow, OK. I was wondering that the deal was with that weekend. Seems prices were jacked up and availability limited the night of the 9th, and I guess that is why.

Will see what we can come up with. Thanks for your help!

If you find something. Please post it. I would rather stay somewhere else... just haven't found anything yet. I kept hoping that some Heart Assn people would cancel. No such luck yet.

You might want to consider booking a motel in Baton Rouge. NOLA is an easy drive down the interstate from Baton Rouge, but far enough away to save you money on the motel. Plus, I consider it to be safer to stay in Baton Rouge than in NOLA. You'd have to park at the cruise terminal, but with the money saved on the cost of the motel, you'd probably come out better that way. The parking garage at the cruise terminal is very nice and "easy". You just park and walk right to the check in area, which is in the same building.

You may want to try the Hampton Inn in Covington La. This is north of New Orleans about 35 Miles. To get to the cruie terminal you have to cross the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, which is the longest bridge in the world 24 Miles. You can make the trip in about 45 minutes from the hotel to the Terminal. The room rate currently for that night is 109.00 with a king bed andd a sofa bed.

I live here in Slidell La. Thats just across the twin spans and there is a Hampton Inn, LaQinta Inn, Best Western and some other smaller hotels. It is not a bad drive from here to the port. It would take you about 30 mins. Have a great trip.

you really don't have to stay an hour away to be safe. Being a local I really get amused by this. If you stay in the heart of the quarter it is very safe. We take our son down to the quarter twice a week for chess lessons and never feel unsafe. You could also stay in Metairie or Kenner which are only 15-20 minutes away from the port. There is a Hampton Inn and Holiday inn on the Causeway exit. This is right across the street from the brand new Macy's which just opened last Saturday. I would not suggest you stay across the river. Some of the areas over there are much less safe than the quarter. There really is no danger as long as long as you stay in populated areas.

Archived