9-6-18 Thursday Weigh-In...Summer is Fading

Belle

Good morning guys. Good points you all have. My problem is that I'm guilty of feeling like "I've come so far so I don't need to go so hard all the time." So I buckle down a few days and go down, then see that as an opportunity to relax a bit and right back up it goes. All in all, I've lost nothing and in fact on average am up a couple since March. When I look at it that way its quite disappointing. I mean, I lost over 50lbs in a year, so yay, but I had hoped for a little more that doesn't look like its going to come.

For me, this has all been mostly out of a desire to live a longer and healthier life. While I've never shared the details (and don't worry, won't trouble you with them today :)) Losing my Dad and best friend when he was only 58 nearly killed me. After surviving the nightmare years, my son and I developed a relationship that might even go beyond that I had with my Dad. And I definitely don't want to leave him early too. Anyway, all that is just to say, I've made great progress in being night and day healthier than I was even 2yrs ago. Is whats left just vanity? It kind of feels that way and probably why I don't really have the inspiration I did this time last year. Feeling good about yourself is of course always a huge benefit too. Cruises for me are the bookmarks of my life and cause for reflection and planning the next chapter. Boarding the Oasis of the Seas last November down 40lbs was indescribably rewarding.

Ok, sorry for the rambling. Back to work. See you in the morning.

Mike

I appreciate you sharing!! I tend to be an emotional eater, am trying to be more mindful of whether I'm even hungry. I went thru some really nasty trauma, can relate.

Great job with the packing Diana! We just bought our own snorkeling gear - including fins - so I think we will be lucky to fit in one full size and one carry-on. Might have to break out the second carry-on. My husband was willing to wear shirt and tie with sports coat if I wanted, but he'll be more comfortable in polo shirts and I don't think he'll be too underdressed with my dresses so that will help with space too.

We have 4 runs and 2 strength training days planned for our cruise week and we don't use the elevators. Hopefully the added walking will help counteract the extra calories from food and drink.

Have a great trip:cool: We are still scheduled to keep our same itinerary, but are flexible whatever happens.

Prayers for any of you in the path of the storms:(