Seattle AirBNB

janone73

My adult children use Air BnB all the time. It appears that it is legal in Seattle but many other west coast cities are making it harder because of the housing shortage. I would not book an Air BnB now for next August.

I'd book a cancelleable hotel and wait until closer to your trip to book an Air BnB because as you know things change in people's lives and these are just folks renting out their apts or homes.

Has anyone had any experience with AirBNB? I've never used them, but since hotel rooms are soooo expensive, I'm thinking of booking with them for next for next August .

We stayed at a great one (if you're just a single or couple) in the Magnolia area, which is very near Pier 91. I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention them here, but you can email me at jabell72@hotmail.com Please put Cruise Critic in the subject.

Thank you, there are 3 of us, so we are looking for a 2 bdrm, 2 bath condo or apartment. I also have trip insurance which includes $$ for my pre cruise expenses. Seattle is so popular that time of year, we are looking to book early. We already missed out on1 booking because we hesitated,

I wouldn’t hesitate to use Air B and B. Our experience was great. We were talking with some folks at Pike Place Market who stayed in a 3 bed room town home and they had a great experience as well. I didn’t get the name of it, because we rarely need more than 2 bed rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Airbnb over hotels, especially in Seattle! There are so many fun little neighborhoods you can explore that way, whereas a lot of the hotels are downtown and not that interesting. Plus I have two kids, and when we all four stay in a hotel room I hate it...I much prefer having space to spread out and also a kitchen so we don't have to eat out three times a day. We've stayed in a few in Seattle, but recently we stayed in one in the Ballard neighborhood that was great. We chose it because it was near my brother, but Ballard is a cool area, and there was a ton in walking distance. There's also a pretty major bus line that makes it easy to get to the Seattle Center and downtown if you want to do the touristy stuff.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 2:56 PM, janone73 said:

Thank you, there are 3 of us, so we are looking for a 2 bdrm, 2 bath condo or apartment. I also have trip insurance which includes $$ for my pre cruise expenses. Seattle is so popular that time of year, we are looking to book early. We already missed out on1 booking because we hesitated,

I just booked a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo in Seattle for late August. Since we’re traveling with my SIL & BIL the 2/2 was important, and I also knew where I wanted to be. I thought about waiting, but I had already missed out on one unit that I was interested in. When I checked the availability calendar for the condo I rented I decided not to wait!