Anytime Dining-Coral Princess

crusinpeg

I have read alot of negative things lately about Anytime Dining. I think alot has to do with which ship one is on and the time of year. We will be doing the Coral Princess Panama Canal this October. Could anyone please share their Anytime Dining experiences on this ship (good or bad)

Are daily reservations really needed?

I have read alot of negative things lately about Anytime Dining. I think alot has to do with which ship one is on and the time of year. We will be doing the Coral Princess Panama Canal this October. Could anyone please share their Anytime Dining experiences on this ship (good or bad)

Are daily reservations really needed?

It really depends on what time you like to eat.

If you eat before 6pm or after 8pm then no you should be fine walking up.

The problem lies between those times.

We have been going back to traditional on the last 6 cruises or so. :)

How many are in your group? We are just off the Coral, and had no problems getting a table for two since we went early, but the night we dined with friends we met on board and required a table for six and arrived at 7 PM, we waited over 45 minutes. The Coral only has one Anytime Dining Room, versus two on the larger ships, and being a regular Princess cruiser I observed that this one did not operate as smoothly as others-the head waitress seemed very overwhelmed, but maybe that was just her. Also, we experienced very uneven service levels in Anytime-some servers were excellent, others just order-takers with very little command of English. But the food was good---now my diet has begun!

Enjoy-the Coral is our new favorite Princess ship-just the right size!

Carole

I have also been on the Coral and it is the timing that you want to eat. Now we like to eat early so we went between 5:30-6p.m. and had no problems. The problem lies between 6-8p.m.

Marilyn

Archived