Luggage Valet

I know that if your flight is before noon you can't use valet service. What if I have a flight at 12:00? Can I use valet service? Has anyone ever done this? Would like to do luggage valet and early AM departure from the ship. Will we be able to make our flight out of FLL? Thank you

I know that if your flight is before noon you can't use valet service. What if I have a flight at 12:00? Can I use valet service? Has anyone ever done this? Would like to do luggage valet and early AM departure from the ship. Will we be able to make our flight out of FLL? Thank you

They let me use it for an 11:30 am flight on the Oasis. Worth every cent!

Use luggage valet for your luggage for a later flight and leave the ship early to enjoy the port = YES. While your luggage is at the airport, you can be out and about (and not dragging it around). Wish San Juan had luggage valet:( but they don't

WHAT IS THE LUGGAGE VALET ALL ABOUT???? WHAT IS THE COST??? WHAT DOES IT DO FOR YOU??? THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE INFO:p

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectName=Luggage+%26+Luggage+Tags&faqSubjectId=348&faqType=faq

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

I believe the cost is $20 per person.

Edited by clarea

Ft. Lauderdale is after 11:30, and I believe so is Miami. Port Canaveral is after noon.

11:30am = FLL when sailing into Port Everglades

2:30pm = MIA when sailing into Port Everglades

You are right about the $20 per person. We have used it several times. Last time was on the Allure this past Dec. Had a 11:50a.m. flight. Plenty of time to get to the airport on time.

They let me use it for an 11:30 am flight on the Oasis. Worth every cent!

Agree! Have used it several times and most recently on an Allure cruise in May with family. Had family members in their 80's, and it was more than a convenience. No dealing with finding luggage at the port, and then schlep it into a taxi to the airport! We utilize it any time it's offered.

Can you use it the other way too - from the airport to the ship?

Sorry...no...The only place we have seen something even close was when we cruised to Alaska northbound out of Vancouver in 2010 and used the US cruise direct (RCI transfers). Checked our luggage in at our home airport and didn't see it again until it was delivered to our cabin...I believe some one posted that this US Direct has resumed again in Vancouver BC.

• 10 months later...

Last week DS and DDIL were informed on FOS that since they were flying Southwest, they weren't eligible to use Luggage Valet service. Their flight left MCO at 2:25pm. This didn't sound right to me. Anyone know why they were not able to use this service? We're sailing Allure in a couple weeks and want to use the service for our return flight also on Southwest. I know different ships and different ports, but just checking to see if this issue is/was with Southwest? Thanks for any ideas on this....

Last week DS and DDIL were informed on FOS that since they were flying Southwest, they weren't eligible to use Luggage Valet service. Their flight left MCO at 2:25pm. This didn't sound right to me. Anyone know why they were not able to use this service? We're sailing Allure in a couple weeks and want to use the service for our return flight also on Southwest. I know different ships and different ports, but just checking to see if this issue is/was with Southwest? Thanks for any ideas on this....

We only fly Southwest and have used it at both MCO and FLL. MCO was a couple of years ago but FLL was this past January. On a side note, LV is complimentary for suite guests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

Can you use it the other way too - from the airport to the ship?

If you are flying American, check with them. Last year we used their service that took our luggage from the airport to the hotel. I also believe you could arrange it to be taken to the port. It was great to not have to collect the luggage at the airport. By the time we got to the hotel, the luggage got there.

I used Luggage Valet on 4/20/14 on the FOS, flying Southwest out of MCO. with a 2:30 PM departure time. Things went as planned. No problems using the service.

It happened to us also on Liberty last month. We were not told why, but I suspect it was due to the Southwest/Air Tran merger. We had Southwest tickets, but were on an Air Tran flight. That's just a guess. It was very frustrating because there was no information, no updates, no explanation.

I would use Luggage valet whether it was a suite perk or even if I had to pay.

The convience of it...........

Leave your bags outside your cabin by 11pm.

Pick them up at your final destination when flying.

Just remember pack in your carryon cloths to wear in the morning, dont want to go to the airport in PJs also shoes.

We take throw away tooth brushes and use the last of our toothpaste, and make sure we have other morning necesities.

Sea Ya

Hi

I know I'm super early to even think about this, but we're doing a cruise tour in Alaska next June, cruising southbound to Vancouver, then flying home from Vancouver.

I can't even book flights yet so have no idea what airline I'll end up on and know in general some participate and some don't.

Is this option even available from Vancouver flying to the US (NJ/NY)?

I have used it before in the US and thought it was great.

Thank you

Noreen