Addicted???

Aubreysmom09

Serious addict here. Took 3 last year, want to ramp it up to 4 this year. Working so hard so I can play hard. I’m always either on a cruise or eagerly counting the days. Took one Dec, taking one Jan, Mar, and Apr. My husband is having trouble keeping up and I have to almost drag him now and pay for most of it so even more hard work, but worth it! Trying to get comp vouchers to help alleviate the cost as much as possible.

Hi! My name is Jodi and I am a cruise sddict.

I've been on over 80 cruises since 2001 and now that I have no job and no pets, I have become a snowbird, but choose to do it on a cruise ship because it's more affordable than renting a place in Florida.

I'm leaving soon for an 8-week cruise on The Freedom and I have a total of 19 future booked cruises, I think. I may have missed a booking or two.

Can I please join your club?

you are my hero......... can I be you ?? 4 yrs and one month till retirement !!

The worst part of Cruise Addiction - relapse. After 17 cruises in 10 years we thought we were strong and could control our cruising. Fully in denial we land vacationed in the Grenadines at a, gulp, all inclusive last January. A great time was had but left with a funny, craving type thing. Took a long time to figure it out. We went a full year with no cruises and no muster drills. The only cure was to book two cruises for 2018! Sailing in 7 days out West on the Glory and in November on the Regal Princess to the East.

There. Better already!

One sure way to know if you are a Cruise Addict is when ever you meet some one you know, their greeting is "How many days?" That's because you always talk about cruising.

I now have 20 cruises completed and all with Carnival. ........................ You mean their are other Cruise lines? Once you are VIP with Carnival (and that takes awhile), you are hooked but in a nice way.

Then when you add a couple of years serving on a US Navy Cruiser (USS BOSTON), I find that if you add my days at sea in the Navy with the days I cruised with Carnival, I have spent about 2 complete years of my life living on a sea vessel. When I was a kid (79 years ago), I would read about explorers who actually spent 2 or 3 years on a vessel exploring the world and I was astounded that any one could spend that much time at sea. Didn't seem possible. Now I find I am one of those people although they get all the credit and I don't. Oh well, just one of the small hurts. In 2 weeks I will be cruising with Carnival again and I am one excited fellow. So see, not only do I always talk about cruising, I even write about it.

I spent time on Carriers and LHD's. That was pre kids. Lots of time underway. I do enjoy these ships more :D I couldn't imagine being on a ship for years like the explorers though they endured so much while gone.

While we were on our last cruise Anthony said I wonder how long until we're platinum. A Platinum holder said 200.. He said we're not close we need to work on that :cool: We're only at 15. lol.

Hi I am a cruise addict as are my 3 girls. It has hit the teen especially hard. She has been cruising since she was 10 months old and thinks she NEEDS 2 cruises a year.

The OP asked about the Sunshine...my favorite thing is that it was the ship where I had my first Mother-Daughter cruise. Back then, it was the Destiny and we flew to San Juan from BWI (1st flight after the airport reopened after 9-11). That was a time of many memories along with family (2 cousins) loss. The trip had been planned for months and we did not allow the terrorist to make us fear travel. The crew was wonderful beyond words (we were told more than 1/3 went home to be with their families). The ship was about 1/2 emptied. We were upgraded and enjoyed the southern Caribbean itinerary. The Destiny has changed a lot since then. We were on here again in '15 and have another cruise planned for next year on her. I don't know how she does it but even with all the change overs she has one of the most friendly crews I have ever experienced.

I would love to do a mommy daughter trip, but i'm not sure how i would break that one to my husband. We just all love to vacation. Our oldest graduates from college in May. She goes to the American University in Bulgaria, so we haven't seen her for a while. Maybe I can take her and our 8 year old, and he won't feel so bad :') That's a lot of girls to be around. Plus she's engaged we could do a lot of wedding talk. This could work :cool:

I was stuck on a naval base during 9-11. I can only imagine how empty the ship was. We traveled to Disney shortly after for pre deployment vacation. I remember it being pretty empty there also.

For me, it's a full admission- but no recovery. :) I cruise every month- at least. 16 cruises last year. I'm looking every day for one this month. :) I late book most of them, but do have the Horizon booked for 24 days.

Going just on Carnival, or repetitive b2b's definitely would cure me since that isn't worthwhile for me. I have an itinerary priority and although Carnival does an excellent job for my snorkel priorities, they don't do much outside of the Caribbean. Last year, I did- 5 Caribbean, 3 Alaska, 2 South America, 2 Bermuda, 1 TA, & 3 Europe cruises. So, I will not restrict myself on where I want to go. :)

I've been on over 150 cruises, all the major lines. The world is small and life is short. My travels have only increased.

Hi my name is Denise and I am a cruise addict. went on our first Christmas decorated cruise after Thanksgiving and it was so pretty!!! I am going on my next cruise in May of this year and would love to go every year! I am addicted to the motion of the boat, the breezes, the beautiful blue ocean and the sail away blast from the horn!!! gets me so excited every time!

Hi. My name is Tom and I’m a cruise addict. Welcome to the first session of Cruise Addicts Anonymous. My next cruise is in 11 days and we’re planning another for November.

My family cruised on Sunshine back in 2015. I liked that the ship was unique all to herself...there are no other ships in the super-destiny class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise addict, we became platinum in 12 months, that's addiction!;p

The 5 Stages of Cruise Addiction

1. First Use – Experimentation with a cruise. Whether the first use is out of a sense of adventure or peer pressure, they learn how the cruise makes them feel at this point.

2. Continued Use – Continued use of cruising, in the case of a person with lots of vacation time, might be out of a requirement or feeling the need to use the time for cruising. For an individual that experimented not too long ago and returned to a cruise, it’s clearer that they like how the cruise makes them feel.

Also, in the continued use stage, a person is likely to notice that they’re not bouncing back as quickly after getting a “cruise high.” This is because it’s taking the brain longer to chemically repair itself and return to normal balance.

3. Tolerance – Tolerance arrives after a period of continued cruising, the duration of which varies among individuals and whatever cruise lines they're using. This is one of the first warning signs of addiction.

Tolerance means the brain and body have adjusted to cruising and it now takes a greater amount of sea days to feel the effects of it. A person that’s developed a tolerance to a cruise might start to notice that the same number of sea days no longer takes care of their needs.

4. Dependence – Dependence is the stage where a cruiser will become physically ill without being on the ship, perhaps even developing serious withdrawal symptoms. There are several biological elements in play here.

Chemically, the brain has become accustomed to cruising that it doesn’t function well without it. This also presents physically, sending a person into withdrawal where they can experience flu-like symptoms unless surrounded by water, as in a bathtub. These symptoms often disappear when they’re able to get a glimpse of ship on the internet.

5. Addiction – With the last stage, addiction, individuals find it nearly impossible to stop cruising, even when they no longer enjoy it or their behavior has caused serious life problems. They might last for periods of time where they don’t cruise, but are unable to stop themselves just when things seemed to be going well.

In our case it was 12 months from our first Carnival cruise to platinum, and I figure less then 3 years to Platinum!:o

My wife enjoys it, but is looking at me strangely!