Taxi from FLL airport to Port Everglades

serene56

I'd plan $15 to port, depending on route and timing. Price is per cab, not per person. There are typical 3-4 passenger size cars OR SUV cabs which can hold more. I'd rec the suv for 4-5 passengers with typical luggage. Price is the same for either style vehicle.

There used to be a free shuttle from the rental car side.

Because non car rental customers tried to hitch a ride on the car rental shuttles, things are a lot more regulated now. WHich is a GOOD thing. So it isn't good advice to have them count on this idea.

If I had to wait to get into a shuttle that was part of my car rental contract because too many " Hitch-hikers " decided to take our seats, I would let the company know our displeasure.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be getting off the Oasis of the Seas on a Saturday. Will we have trouble getting a cab for our 11:45am flight at FLL? There are 4 of us.

I am assuming the cabs have space for 4 people and the luggage that goes along with 4 people. 4 large suitcases and a few carry ons?

Edited by tkkerber

We will be getting off the Oasis of the Seas on a Saturday. Will we have trouble getting a cab for our 11:45am flight? There are 4 of us.

I am assuming the cabs have space for 4 people and the luggage that goes along with 4 people. 4 large suitcases and a few carry ons?

You shouldn't have any trouble getting a taxi but I think you will be far more comfortable two to a taxi.

Mike:)

You shouldn't have any trouble getting a taxi but I think you will be far more comfortable two to a taxi.

Would we be better off getting a shuttle? Would rather not do RCL transfer, we just don't want to wait for the bus to fill up and the cost $16.75/ea seems a bit high.

Does SAS shuttle service go from Port Everglades to FLL? We have used them in the past when going from FLL to POM.

Would we be better off getting a shuttle? Would rather not do RCL transfer, we just don't want to wait for the bus to fill up and the cost $16.75/ea seems a bit high.

Does SAS shuttle service go from Port Everglades to FLL? We have used them in the past when going from FLL to POM.

As mentioned. Get a taxi. If a SUV or van taxi is available, put all 4 in it. Otherwise get two taxis. Still cheaper, and far easier and more convenient to use than a cruise line transfer and a shuttle transport.

Believe me, there will be tons of taxis around.

Edited by CruiserBruce

As mentioned. Get a taxi. If a SUV or van taxi is available, put all 4 in it. Otherwise get two taxis. Still cheaper, and far easier and more convenient to use than a cruise line transfer and a shuttle transport.

Believe me, there will be tons of taxis around.

Agreed, two taxis would still be cheaper and much faster.

Our taxi from FLL to port was 17.00 because of traffic. Sucked a few dollars while waiting for a red light. Got stuck in traffic.

Heading back to airport after cruise it was 12 bucks