Heard a Rumor - Capt Kate switching to Equinox ???

PBC29

And who was the current Captain on that sailing? I cannot remember if I have heard who will be the Captain of the Edge.

I wish that Captain Kate would move to the Eclipse when we will be sailing her in May. We had her on the Summit and met her several times in Michael's Lounge or around the ship.

I'm guessing she will finish her current rotation on Summit (scheduled to leave the ship in January).....then go on her vacation......and after vacation will join the Equinox. This is just a guess on my part.

I'm guessing she will finish her current rotation on Summit (scheduled to leave the ship in January).....then go on her vacation......and after vacation will join the Equinox. This is just a guess on my part.

When in January is she scheduled to leave, we are on the Summit 1/20 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She stated when she took over on October 15th from Captain Alex that she would be on Summit for 15 weeks, which is a bit longer than the usual 12 on 12 off. So I believe she will be on until January 27th.

I'm also on the January 20th sailing. I've been told that will be her last Summit sailing and she will get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale. Captain Alex is also leaving the Summit. Happy for both of them .... but sad for us Summit "regulars".

I'm also on the January 20th sailing. I've been told that will be her last Summit sailing and she will get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale. Captain Alex is also leaving the Summit. Happy for both of them .... but sad for us Summit "regulars".

Wow- Captain Alex too? What ship is he going to and when?

Anyone know if this is true? And if so when?

Aboard Equinox now; have it on very good authority from multiple members of Senior Staff that there is substance to the rumor you have heard...

Won't happen immediately--there are duty schedules and vacations to coordinate; Captain Kate will apparently be aboard to do some understudy with Captains Dimitrios and Costas as she transitions from Millennium-Class to Solstice-Class just as she will seemingly provide transitional guidance to her replacement [seemingly there has been a very recent promotion to Captain and there may be a few other rotation changes] on Summit--but will be complete before Costas goes on assignment at the shipyard [reportedly sometime in June] preparatory to bringing out Edge in December...

Anyone know if this is true? an if so when.

I beleive it's Captain Alex that is moving from the Summit to Equinox. He announced he was moving the other day on social media but made you guess where.

I beleive it's Captain Alex that is moving from the Summit to Equinox. He announced he was moving the other day on social media but made you guess where.

Captain Alex will be moving to Millennium around mid January replacing captain Leo who will move back to Eclipse. Captain Kate will move to Equinox after her vacation. Transfers are never certain until they have been spotted on board.

Captain Alex will be moving to Millennium around mid January replacing captain Leo who will move back to Eclipse. Captain Kate will move to Equinox after her vacation. Transfers are never certain until they have been spotted on board.

Poor Summit! It loses two of the most personable captains in the Celebrity fleet at the same time.

I do wish them well but Summit out of NJ was a hidden jewel because of them. Great crew and wonderful service overall.

When I first read about Celebrity having a female captain I confess I kind of thought, well done to her but it's no big deal. I also thought that LLP made too big a deal of the fact.

Now I'm on Summit and I agree with you completely. She makes herself very visible all over the ship. She was even greeting passengers as they disembarked today. The other captains could certainly learn a thing or two from her.