Sirena Shore Excursions

SETTINGSUN76

Hi

We sail on the Sirena on 21/3 Buenos Aries to Rio

I have booked the majority of excursions privately but have 3 booked direct with Oceania

I've read quite a few reports that Oceania have a reputation of cancelling excursions with low numbers booked

Is this a common occurrence?

Cheers

Paul

We sailed Buenos Aires to Rio two years ago on Regatta. We did a few Oceania excursions and none were cancelled, apart from the one where we could not dock (Rio Grande) due to rough seas. I did not hear anybody complaining that their tour had been cancelled anywhere. However that is no guarantee that no tour was cancelled!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh dear! Difficult to specify highlights. I enjoyed all the ports. The Oceania excursion to a ranch from Buenos Aires was really good. Obviously Rio de Janeiro was a bucket list sort of destination. We did a private tour there through Tours by Locals. Unfortunately our time on the ship was marred by a norovirus outbreak meaning we were in Code Red situation.

We thought the destinations so good that we would like to do the cruise again one day.

Which 3 Oceania excursions have you booked?

We are doing a number of private tours and also doing our own thing at a number of ports,

We've booked general city's yours in Buenos Aires and Rio and also the cable car at Porto Belo

Were staying in Rio in a self booked hotel for 2 nights post cruise

Quite excited now !

We did the cable car tour at Porto Belo. It was a good tour. Only thing was that the ‘free time at the beach’ was about five minutes! Just long enough to buy a drink from a stall and a very, very quick paddle in the sea! I was expecting about half an hour. Possibly the tour guide spent too long touring up the top of the mountain.

In Punta del Este, we booked a cycle tour through a local company found on Tripadvisor, which was fun and about a tenth of the price Oceania were charging!

In Montevideo, we did an Oceania tour to a winery, with a ride on an old train and a city tour, which we enjoyed, despite wet weather. (Do go prepared for some rain!)

We also stayed on at a hotel in Rio, just for one night, which we booked ourselves. We flew in to BA the morning of the day before the cruise started, so had that afternoon and the next morning to sightsee there independently before boarding.