American Express Offer Is Back

mrcliff

What was your experiment that did not work?

a) the offer showing but unable to add it to a different type card?

b) the offer showing but unable to add it to the same type card in a different person's name?

c) other?

The now-defunct tab trick:

I have three AmEx cards on my online account. As an experiment, I signed in, scrolled to a "one per cardholder" offer (not the Princess one, but one I'm not going to use), opened a tab, switched to a second card, did the same, and repeated. Went back to tab #1, hit "add to card" and quickly went to tab two. When I almost immediately hit "add to card" I got a message saying that the offer had already been added to one of my cards. Didn't bother trying the third.

As I said before, my husband is an AU on my Premium Gold Rewards card and we each got the offer. He added his, mine was still there, and sometime later I added it, no problem. That's kosher; adding it more than once to cards with the same Social Security number is now apparently impossible. But there are other offers that, for instance, specify one per card, not one per cardholder, and if you get that sort of offer on three cards, you can register three times. Have to check the fine print.

I added the offer last night then went to one of my already booked cruises and paid $750 towards amount due I got an email from amex saying “great news you just used your amer ex offer for $150 cash back at princess cruises”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yippie ....

that's what I just did ... busy cruising so didn't see this post until today. I checked my Amex account, saw the offer and added it to the card, went into my account under Princess and paid $750 towards my next cruise. I hope it works for me as well as it did for you. It always has in the past.

Thanks to the OP for the head's up on this.

The now-defunct tab trick:

I have three AmEx cards on my online account. As an experiment, I signed in, scrolled to a "one per cardholder" offer (not the Princess one, but one I'm not going to use), opened a tab, switched to a second card, did the same, and repeated. Went back to tab #1, hit "add to card" and quickly went to tab two. When I almost immediately hit "add to card" I got a message saying that the offer had already been added to one of my cards. Didn't bother trying the third.

Nobody has posted it this time, but a previous time the offer was there some said that if they had a different AX sign in for different cards, they were able to get the offer that way on multiple cards in the same person's name..

Nobody has posted it this time, but a previous time the offer was there some said that if they had a different AX sign in for different cards, they were able to get the offer that way on multiple cards in the same person's name..

We were able to do it last spring on our Delta Amex and this time around on our Blue Sky Amex. Each of us had a different user name and password for each card. Not the same person’s name...we each have a card in our own name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do I add this offer to my AMEX account? About to make reservation on Princess and would love to get the $150 bonus. Not sure if I got the offer or not, don't remember how to check.

Help please.

SAS

Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the Amex Offers & Benefits section. Find the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" offer and make sure to add it to your card. You might have to filter the offers by travel to see the offer.

Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the Amex Offers & Benefits section. Find the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" offer and make sure to add it to your card. You might have to filter the offers by travel to see the offer.

This will work only if the offer is allowed for the AMEX card you have. Otherwise, the offer will not appear.

The last time there was a similar AMEX offer, there were paths to add this to cards that did not display the offer, but so far nobody has found and posted a path that works this time around.

I have SPG & Amex platinum-- it was only offered to me thru Amex platinum-- for SPG it was not in the offer list. Same as earlier this year was only offered for my platinum card

Earlier this year it could be added to the SPG card via a link that does not have the offer this time around.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, chamima said:

Reviving an old thread.

Has anyone recently found this offer on their Amex card?

Thanks!

I haven't but my wife's card got an offer for ANY single purchase over $3000 gets her 3000 points(like about $300)   So, not like the cruise deal, but if your fare is high enough, it might be worth it.  Of course, some like using other cards due to travel insurance.

The also have an offer running in the UK with seemingly no minimum spend.  It just says get £100 back when you spend with Princess Cruises.

Rather sceptical it would work, I spent £117 on onboard credit (assuming you would need to spend at least £100 to get it back) for our upcoming cruise and a few days later got a £100 statement credit.   Happy days 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chamima said:

Reviving an old thread.

Has anyone recently found this offer on their Amex card?

Thanks!

I have been looking for a month at least on my 3 AMEX cards.  Hoping soon...  I have to make final payment on a cruise by 11/8

9 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I would to see them offer this soon.  Any offers  or perks might help!   Looks like it has been over a year since anyone got this. I hope they haven’t quit doing this. 

I just checked my records and on 3/29/19 I used it towards a payment on cruise.  Hoping for another soon....

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, chamima said:

Just bringing this to the top again.

Has anyone gotten any Princess offers from Amex lately?

Thanks

Pretty sure you wouldn't have to ask!  There would be multiple posts from people who had gotten the offer, with all the details!  🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Neither of the back doors will work for me right now.

It actually shows the offer and lets me enter my card number in the second 'shopping' back door.  But then it just doesn't do anything?

My AMEX account still shows that I did use the Princess WLCL offer last year.

I am wondering if the system sees that, and won't let me use it again this soon?