Show Me Your ALCHEMY Drinks!

noidea389

We LOVE Alchemy! This is typically where we hang out in the evenings and have met some of the most amazing friends! On our last Carnival cruise, we had the kiddos, so this mama didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked. HOWEVER.... come February, Alchemy will be where it's at! With that being said... please show me your favorite Alchemy beverage. Doesn't have to be something off the menu, because we all know how absolutely wonderful those Alchemy bartenders are... excuse me... mixologists.

• Like 2

Wish I had a picture.

Favorite is Lavender with Gin, well balanced. They usually add lots of blackberries.

Another one is an Absinthe Drop. Love watching the little machine do its thing.

What do you order when you get the lavender one? I’ve seen a couple mentions of it on here and I’d love to try it!

I think I have that lavender drink

Yeah this is from my Dream review. I think I had everything in my Dream review. My Dream review should be the “show me your alchemy pics” thread...except it’s just me posting.

2f6d6c9998a1e6cc76c8bbef36767a06.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i must be doing something wrong at the ALchemy bar. DH & I will go and we wait around 30-45 min to get the bartender's attention. and then they are always too busy chatting with other PAX. i would love to be able to have a drink "made for me" from my ideas. any tips i should be doing?

If I had to wait 30-45 min I’d be moving to another bar.

• Haha 1

i must be doing something wrong at the ALchemy bar. DH & I will go and we wait around 30-45 min to get the bartender's attention. and then they are always too busy chatting with other PAX. i would love to be able to have a drink "made for me" from my ideas. any tips i should be doing?

I’ll add this. I don’t go in day 1 ordering off menu. I go in the first two days ordering my menu favs. Spicy chipotle pineapple martini, perfect storm, cucumber sunrise, basil drop, etc. I tip $1/drink. And I don’t write it on the receipt. I put a dollar in the book where they can see it. I get to know the bartenders. And by day 3, I know the good bartenders and they know me. I can be down at the end of the bar with no seat in prime time and I’m not waiting long for a drink. On Dream they had 4 bartenders and 90% of my drinks were made by one. 10% were made by another and the other two made me 0 drinks..partially because I didn’t want them to. By day 5 the girl that made 90% of my drinks knew if she saw me that I wanted something non tequila that she hadn’t made me yet. When she gave me that I’d tell her go ahead and start thinking of the next one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We loved the Alchemy Bar on Victory and are looking forward to it again on Liberty in a couple of months.

My favorites were the Antioxidant and the Cucumber Sunrise. The bartender also made me a special version of the Deal Closer with half an ounce of habanero vodka for a kick. That was really good.

I posted several drink pictures here: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/04/carnivals-alchemy-bar.html

You are obviously doing something wrong if you are waiting that long. If it's simply a matter of the Alchemy Bar being way too crowded, I would go to another bar. My wife and I spend a lot of time at the Alchemy Bar, but I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes for a drink there (or any other bar on the ship).

• Like 1

Us too. I was so excited to finally be on a ship that had the alchemy, that we were there the moment it opened. I asked for the menu and in a snotty voice the bartender said “ you know this is a martini bar right?’ I was so offended, I walked away and have not returned.

• Like 2

You are obviously doing something wrong if you are waiting that long. If it's simply a matter of the Alchemy Bar being way too crowded, I would go to another bar. My wife and I spend a lot of time at the Alchemy Bar, but I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes for a drink there (or any other bar on the ship).

it was busy but mainly that there was one group of people that kept talking and requesting multiple drinks.

we went the 1st time to try it out. we went the 2nd time to see if the 1st night was fluke. we never went back.

We lived at the Alchemy Bar during our last cruise.. We never even got a drink at any other bar. Yes, they get busy..but I never waited more than 10 minutes for a drink. There are many people who don't realize that you can't get a beer there..I lost count at how many times our bartender had to say "We don't serve beer. This is a cocktail bar only" to patrons.

I never ordered anything off the menu. I just had would tell them what I like(gin, spicy, floral) and they'd make something for me. My DH would just order the best old fashioned ever :)

• Like 1

We lived at the Alchemy Bar during our last cruise.. We never even got a drink at any other bar. Yes, they get busy..but I never waited more than 10 minutes for a drink. There are many people who don't realize that you can't get a beer there..I lost count at how many times our bartender had to say "We don't serve beer. This is a cocktail bar only" to patrons.

I never ordered anything off the menu. I just had would tell them what I like(gin, spicy, floral) and they'd make something for me. My DH would just order the best old fashioned ever :)

Depending on the ship, they may have beer. I think it's just the Dream class because Alchemy is in Ocean Plaza where the band is....part of why it was a mistake to put the alchemy in ocean plaza on Dream class...but they had beer on Dream. There's one that has draft beer at the Alchemy. I want to say it's the one that sails out of Australia.

Edited by Saint Greg

Can I get the Blueberry pie Martini on Horizon? please say yes, please say yes.

On other ships I always tip a dollar or 2 starting on day 1 and have great service, I am glad to hear Carnival is the same.

It may depend on if the bartender knows how to make it. It wasn't on the menu.

Yeah this is from my Dream review. I think I had everything in my Dream review. My Dream review should be the “show me your alchemy pics” thread...except it’s just me posting.

2f6d6c9998a1e6cc76c8bbef36767a06.png

THIS!!! Yes... I WILL be trying this! It sounds amazing! Thank you!

Can I get the Blueberry pie Martini on Horizon? please say yes, please say yes.

On other ships I always tip a dollar or 2 starting on day 1 and have great service, I am glad to hear Carnival is the same.

AnnaMaria is excellent - as good as it gets at the alchemy bar. Made amazing raspberry/blackberry and blueberry martinis. Don’t think you will have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We learned about the alchemy bar far too late on our last cruise....if only we would have known! Now, I can't wait to go again even more!

Here's my "Deal Closer"

ry%3D400

And, after we talked with the bartenders awhile, and discussed that I wasn't that big of a fan of gin, one of them told me I just hadn't had the right drink yet. I had asked her just previous to this what they used the lavendar syrup to make, and here is what I ended up with....possibly my most favorite cocktail EVER! Gin, lavendar, a bit of cherry and lime juices....

ry%3D400

• Like 1