Need some advise/suggestion about FCC! TIA

CRUISEMAMI

Sending hugs to you! And fingers crossed that you are right that you will be ready for a little R&R in a few months - even if it’s a few days on Mariner or something.

One more possible angle - Are you able to book the cruise for you and DH with the FCC and then bring someone else instead of him (change passenger at the last minute)? Will they allow the FCC to stay applied to your guest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending hugs to you! And fingers crossed that you are right that you will be ready for a little R&R in a few months - even if it’s a few days on Mariner or something.

One more possible angle - Are you able to book the cruise for you and DH with the FCC and then bring someone else instead of him (change passenger at the last minute)? Will they allow the FCC to stay applied to your guest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think so!

If I bring someone else, they will delete his FCC amount!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t think so!

If I bring someone else, they will delete his FCC amount!

If you want company on the cruise, you could check prices for triples (or quads). Maybe you will find a decent third (or fourth) passenger rate. Or if you’d like to take a lucky, beloved minor child, maybe you could even catch a kids sail free deal. Then if hubby no shows there would be two (or three) left in cabin or suite.

If you want company on the cruise, you could check prices for triples (or quads). Maybe you will find a decent third (or fourth) passenger rate. Or if you’d like to take a lucky, beloved minor child, maybe you could even catch a kids sail free deal. Then if hubby no shows there would be two (or three) left in cabin or suite.

Thanks for the advise, but don’t have any family around here, and none of my friends are interested!

My husband still in the hospital (maybe will go home tomorrow) but I’ll be giving list and phone # about Home Hospice, for now, and soon, maybe, permanently! In the meantime, they could house him, for few days, and if this is the case, I’ll book a cruise! Solo, double? Don’t know yet, but my TA will figure it out!

Have nice weekend[emoji1303]

I can imagine your shock at all this. Instead of seeking a cash refund, which sounds like too hard a fight right now and a drain on the energy you need for your husband, you could look into whether you can use the credits to buy a cruise for someone else, who reimburses you personally. Can you find someone like that, maybe another cruise fan you've befriended over the years? You and your husband may benefit from a creative solution here, since RCCL's rules are not set up for this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the advise, but don’t have any family around here, and none of my friends are interested!

My husband still in the hospital (maybe will go home tomorrow) but I’ll be giving list and phone # about Home Hospice, for now, and soon, maybe, permanently! In the meantime, they could house him, for few days, and if this is the case, I’ll book a cruise! Solo, double? Don’t know yet, but my TA will figure it out!

Have nice weekend[emoji1303]

Warmest thoughts for you and your husband.

I can imagine your shock at all this. Instead of seeking a cash refund, which sounds like too hard a fight right now and a drain on the energy you need for your husband, you could look into whether you can use the credits to buy a cruise for someone else, who reimburses you personally. Can you find someone like that, maybe another cruise fan you've befriended over the years? You and your husband may benefit from a creative solution here, since RCCL's rules are not set up for this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The certificates are not tranferable

If you have trip cancellation insurance, they will reimburse you for anything RC did not give you back when you canceled. You might check with the credit card that you paid with to see if trip cancellation coverage is a benefit they offer. I’m sorry to hear about your husband.

If you have trip cancellation insurance, they will reimburse you for anything RC did not give you back when you canceled. You might check with the credit card that you paid with to see if trip cancellation coverage is a benefit they offer. I’m sorry to hear about your husband.

Agree. If you have insurance and have to cancel for health it will pay there may be a note it has to be new illness. If you have a diagnosis and it acts up, like heart failure, then probably won’t get a refund.

I am so sorry about your husband and hope this works out for you to get your money back and he does improve.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...