"Always Available" items in Britannia?

MarkBearSF

On our crossing last week, we noticed a lack of "always available" items on the lunch and dinner menus in the Britannia DR.

We've grown accustomed to them on other cruise lines in recent years and I'm pretty sure that they had them on our last trip in 2009. Am I imagining things?

Edited by MarkBearSF

You will find 'Always available' items, printed on the Club Dining menus, however in the Britannia dining room you only have to ask.

Salmon & chicken are always available on request in the evenings.

Prawn cocktail, steak, chicken breast and salmon have always been available on request from the Head Waiter. They've never said "no" to me, though how helpful the table waiter is when this is requested does vary slightly. Occasionally newer staff don't know these options are available so you do have to be fairly insistent :)

Just off the QM2. If I had known that we could order alternative items, would have loved to do so. First couple of days loved the menu then got progressively worse. There were some meals I just left on my plate uneaten.Fish, undercooked(three of us had that). Lack of vegetables on the plates(maybe a couple of bites of something).

The buffet was actually really good.

You can ask for extra vegetables, carrots, peas etc. I have not done it but a few trips ago the people the next table asked on the first night, and every night after that they were served without needing to ask.

Quite correct Lanky Lad, Most of us seasoned Cunarders will request a bowl of 'Steamed Vegetables' most evenings.

In fact one can request almost anything in the Britannia restaurant in the evenings ( within reason) with prior arrangement through the station head waiter.:)

You can ask for extra vegetables, carrots, peas etc. I have not done it but a few trips ago the people the next table asked on the first night, and every night after that they were served without needing to ask.

Definitely ask for extra vegetables. On a World cruise, the entire table of 10 felt a lack of sufficient veggies so after a single evening's request there was always a full bowl, family style, placed on the table each evening.