Feb 17 2019 Riviera

CruiseNewYork18

Hi Guys - Is anyone booked on this cruise? It is almost sold out and it is far out... I did not know if anyone knew anything about it? I didnt know if a group was on board.

Thanks

Not at all "far out." I recently booked a spring 2020 segment of the Insignia world cruise and got the last B cabin.

Not at all "far out." I recently booked a spring 2020 segment of the Insignia world cruise and got the last B cabin.

Hi we're trying to book a segment of the RTW on Insignia in 2020.. All we get from Oceania ans various travel agents in the UK is : Oh! It's "wait listed" no offer to take a depost. Don't know if it's the T.A in the UK.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks

Hi we're trying to book a segment of the RTW on Insignia in 2020.. All we get from Oceania ans various travel agents in the UK is : Oh! It's "wait listed" no offer to take a depost. Don't know if it's the T.A in the UK.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks

We were on the Sydney-Papeete-L.A. 2018 world cruise segment when we booked the 2020 Singapore-Hong Kong-Tokyo segment and got that last B (and the sell out continued for the segment through from Tokyo to SF).

I don't know how many 2020 segments are full now. But, I do know that in the early marketing of Insignia world cruises, cabins are blocked off until (or close to) the point where they have sold the target number of WTWs (followed perhaps by multi-segments???). It may also be possible that Book Onboard has a slight edge since the O Club Ambassador can see all the booking activity whenever you stop by to check on availability.

Note as well that TAs who belong to O's Connoisseurs Club (as well as onboard O Club Ambassadors) are informed of new itineraries before the are published on the internet. And this appears to help reserve a cabin.

FWIW: we are at a point now where we almost exclusively book onboard. We assign the cruises to ourselves and then use the allowed "30 days from disembarkation" to "shop them around" among preferred TAs (all of whom are in O's Connoisseurs Club).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Hi we're trying to book a segment of the RTW on Insignia in 2020.. All we get from Oceania ans various travel agents in the UK is : Oh! It's "wait listed" no offer to take a depost. Don't know if it's the T.A in the UK. Any clues anyone? Thanks

You will learn more by asking those Travel Agents, the rules are different here in the United States and few of us are equipped to give a substantive answer as to why.