ALL time FAVORITE Ship

BellaSweet

Haven't seen one of these in a while..

What is your ALL time favorite Carnival ship? And you can only pick ONE!

I'm looking for a new ship..I just paid off my upcoming cruise and I feel naked if I'm not making payments on a cruise!:'):') :')

I've sailed all the Conquest class ships maybe 20 times total, all of the Dream Class, and both the Vista and Horizon, and my preference is......definitely the Horizon! Brightest, best atrium, extra food option in JiJi's, nice and clean.

FWIW, I stopped sailing the Fantasy class ships a dozen years ago because I thought they were old and rusty back then. Recently had a suite on the Miracle, and that was maybe the best thing about that ship. JMO, and YMMV.

I have only been on seven so far, but the Pride is definitely my favorite. The pinnacle of design and function in the Carnival fleet in my opinion.

I find that design and number of passengers to public space is what I really love about the Pride. I really dislike the Dream and Vista class. On the Dream, all the lounges and public spaces are also walkways and on the Vista they killed the Atrium and buffet looks like a school cafeteria. As for the number of passengers, the buffet on these ships is like a zoo compared to the Pride.

Edited by asalligo

I have been on the Fascination, Dream, Freedom, Breeze (3x), Splendor, magic, and most recently the Legend.

I LOVED the Legend. The layout and spacious open areas (clubs, bars, atrium, theater etc) Easy to navigate and nothing was too far. Now it is a smaller ship (larger than fascination, smaller than Freedom) but a good balance for us.

Although the Breeze comes in a close 2nd...that is newer and has more bells and whistles...cant go wrong with that one either

We have been on 14 cruises and have 4 booked, we have been on all classes except the Fantasy Class, our favorite is the Triumph. I think that the whole cruise experience including departure port and ports of call may play a role in which ship is one's favorite. Just my humble opinion.

My favorite ALL-TIME Carnival ship would definitely be the Mardi Gras. She rolled like a drunken sailor even in smooth seas, but those beautiful wooden interiors really stole the show!

Of the current fleet, I'd have to vote for the Magic.

Garnett

Oh - so nice to see someone mention the Mardi Gras - I worked in the gift shop on her in the 1980's - so much fun!!

Though I really liked the Magic, of the 12 CCL ships I've been on (not including the 3 I worked on) my favorite would have to be the Breeze - so far!

Haven't been on that many ships that were memorable enough to have a favorite, but we did just get off of our third cruise on the Pride last week. It had been three years since the second, and I like what has been done to some of the interior design. They got rid of a lot of the nude cherub type art work in public places that became the target of defacing by juveniles of undetermined age. They didn't bother me, except for the fact that in every elevator someone had to make their mark. Now that it is gone, the ship looks much cleaner.

If I had to pick one it could only be the Paradise when they did not allow smoking. The good old days!

I've sailed all the Conquest class ships maybe 20 times total, all of the Dream Class, and both the Vista and Horizon, and my preference is......definitely the Horizon! Brightest, best atrium, extra food option in JiJi's, nice and clean.

FWIW, I stopped sailing the Fantasy class ships a dozen years ago because I thought they were old and rusty back then. Recently had a suite on the Miracle, and that was maybe the best thing about that ship. JMO, and YMMV.

Always interesting reading different opinions on this site. Dream and Conquest class ships are my favorite. There are too many things they changed on the Vista class ships that I don’t like. However, I do prefer that class to fantasy class ships, although we do have a cruise booked on Paradise next year.