uggg, please don't hate me..

tommy1984

You'd likely get lots of responses from people who have been in your situation if you'd post the content of your question in the post subject line instead of "uggg, please dont hate me".

I'm not trying to nit pick on the OP, but yes, I agree that would be much more helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 8 children. Only the children who have needed passports have them (flights overseas etc) and some do not have them yet. For these children we use birth certificates on closed loop cruises to many places and have never had any problems. At the ports, they have been asked for thier ship card. At the ship their photo pops up for identification. Our youngest child's ID was done when he was 3 months old, before a flight to Mexico 12 yrs ago. The folks at the DMV had us hold him up for the photo =)

With that said, we have always maintained a "non driver ID" for each of our children who is less than driving age. We just feel better knowing that they have a "typical" government photo ID. This is a simple and inexpensive way to have an extra measure of "feel better" as a parent. We began doing this when traveling to mexico and with child trafficking becoming more and more talked about, we just felt like it was a good idea. That was many years ago and we still maintain them today.

Edited by Athankfulheart