Parking miami

abby1257

We booked a hotel with a park, stay, and cruise rate. The only reason we aren't parking at the port is because this parking is in a secured garage. If it wasn't for that, we'd definitely park at the port. If driving in the day of, park at the port and just bite the bullet on cost.

Some of the MIA airport area hotels offer stay-park packages; hotels in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) are often suggested. www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are two sources to check.

Or stay cheaper outside of Miami - West Palm area and north on 95 is only about 90+ minutes from POM; parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure!

Never parked at the cruise terminal...silly questions...do you park your own car? How far of a walk is it to the ship? (asking as 1 person has health issues)...thanks a bunch

You can drop everyone off right at the terminal like you would be dropped off on a shuttle or van. Then you can drive the car to the garage nearest to your terminal. Usually the walk is no more than 5-10mins.

We booked a hotel with a park, stay, and cruise rate. The only reason we aren't parking at the port is because this parking is in a secured garage. If it wasn't for that, we'd definitely park at the port. If driving in the day of, park at the port and just bite the bullet on cost.

Can you share which hotel has that secure parking & if there is a shuttle to/from the port to the hotel?

Can you share which hotel has that secure parking & if there is a shuttle to/from the port to the hotel?

We were booked at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. Cancelled only because we decided to do a B2B and are driving down the morning of. Reviews were very good on the hotel, rate was very reasonable, and parking supposedly was in a garage. When booking the park n cruise rate, it includes one way transport, return via Uber would be under $20 easily. You would need to book via the Hampton website direct.

• 9 months later...

I'm not concerned about safety, but I would like to know about the ease of getting out of the port terminal. It seems like getting out of the garage terminal at 10:00 AM on a busy port day might take even longer than getting a shuttle back to an off-site parking lot. Those shuttle drivers know the fastest route. Then you are out of the port, close to I-95 and on your way.

Opinions?

We always park at the port in Miami.

Don't recall ever having traffic leaving the port.

Getting to the port is another story.

And that's one thing the shuttle driver will have to contend with. Don't assume he'll be there waiting for you when you disembark. You may have to call him and then wait.

Thank you for this post.

I was thinking of renting a car from Orlando, but now I may just take my own car and park at the port.

I have a couple of questions for those who have parked at the port.

The Port of Miami website states...Travelers who choose to leave their own car for parking at the port can leave their car in a well-lit garage with security or in an open lot, which is also well-lit and gated. The price for parking at the Port for either is $20 per day.

So is it in a garage or in an open lot?

Do they ever sell out and not have enough spots? I won't get to the port till around noon or 1pm

I think I have more, but am watching TV and typing and forgot them lol

Thanks in advance

It's both.

We usually end up in a closed lot and prefer that because of the Florida sun.

We get there before 11 am, so there's usually a lot of spaces. People are still leaving, so sometimes we get a really good spot. Don't know what happens later, however, I have never read about anyone not finding a spot.

You must have clicked on an old website. Unfortunately, the price has gone up to $22/day.:(

• 2 weeks later...