Are there going to be New VIFP levels be added?

Luluwa

When I was working I was able to average 3 week long cruises and 3 weeks of AI's a year with the 6 weeks I was allotted. I realize I was fortunate but I also realized I earned it.

My flight for NOLA leaves at 7am for my Dream Oct 1 cruise, c ya!

That's not most people though. I know a lot of people who get one vacation a year and if they sailed with carnival every year I think it would be bad to have to wait 25 years to move from one level to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's not most people though. I know a lot of people who get one vacation a year and if they sailed with carnival every year I think it would be bad to have to wait 25 years to move from one level to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

agree. Also for some of us, it is also an extra expense to fly/travel to the port of departure. Those folks who live close to, or just a few hours drive from a departure port, can certainly cruise more often than others, who get only two weeks off a year, plus have to pay hefty airfare to cruise ports, and then hotel rates for the night before the cruise. At least this has been one reason why I only cruise once a year at best.

DD's get to steer the ship for a half hour.:)

HA! That sounds like a HOOT! Seriously though, it is a great privilege, and lots of fun to visit the bridge. I've heard, however, that they don't allow ANY passengers on the bridge anymore, since the Concordia incident.

"SKY"

HA! That sounds like a HOOT! Seriously though, it is a great privilege, and lots of fun to visit the bridge. I've heard, however, that they don't allow ANY passengers on the bridge anymore, since the Concordia incident.

"SKY"

We have done the Tea with the Capt thing after Concordia. It was great being the only Diamonds on the Glory and had a private audience with capt for about 45 minutes.

Don't get too excited, it wont get you much! 1 drink and a lapel pin!

47a7d711b3127cce98548af32b5a0000001010kAZuGzJizbsWLJw

Just heard from my barber who heard it from his butcher that they will give us a BRILLIANT new lapel pin the future.

Only problem is you get once piece per cruise and you need 5 pieces for complete pin. Oh and some assembly required.:)

I have heard from some serious cruisers (some of which have close connections with upper leadership) that there has been discussions about additional VIP levels.

I have also been looking at some of the posts and have seen a lot of discussion about gold to platinum and Platinum to Diamond level change. However, The rumors I have heard have nothing to do with the gold to Platinum or Platinum to Diamond.

The discussions have to do with adding higher tiers (Purple Diamond and Black Diamond) 500 + days and 750+ days.

I have no insight as to what additional perks maybe given.But, I can imagine it is going to be something very special.

Hope this adds some additional insight to the discussions.

It would be nice if some of you who also have heard this would comment and add a bit more credence to the rumor.

Edited by Redlable2

Prior to Carnival added additional levels. It took 10 cruises to be platinum VIP. Carnival allowed everyone to keep their earned status. Many people had 10 cruises with 30-40 days. Even though it now requires 75 days. So... there are platinum members who have less than 75 days.

However, below Platinum VIP's (less than 10 cruises) were put in the new brackets of the VIP program.

• 3 months later...
The only reason I am resurrecting this 3 1/2 months old thread is to observe that there have been discussions and rumors about "brilliant" new changes to the VIFP program for years and here we still are with no news in sight.

Good point, Navarre Bob. My guess is that Carnival likes to trickle out bad news a little at a time. I'm still disappointed in Carnival dropping local TV channels in cabins because my preferred time to cruise is during and just after football season because there are fewer kids when school is in session. And now I can't do that because I don't want to miss games. My free cruise bounce back offer is about to expire without me booking because of that.

Looking at the chart that Ziggy7 posted, I am reminded of the excitement I had when I realized that Carnival had a tiered points system, and there were rewards! And then my excitement turned to a mild annoyance when I realized that I had already reached the most useful reward already by being "Red" (and my wife will now be "Red" on our next cruise): the free water in the room!

The Gold level seems to not really bring any actual benefit, for us at least. We aren't pin collectors. (Or do those pins get you into some sort of Illuminati-like special room where drinks are served in pyramid-shaped glassware? No wait, that's Taco Bell.)

The "free Drink" on Appreciation Day? We'll likely have Cheers! for all of our cruises, so unless we were gonna hit 15 that day, no value.

The Priority Check-In at Platinum (75 points) will probably be nice, but it is gonna take a long while to get there. Frankly, probably never - we'll cruise a couple times a year, I imagine, totaling maybe 12 days a year. I'll hit Gold maybe sometime in 2019 (I think I'll have 19 after December 2018's on Sunshine). And maybe after a few years we'll find some other way to burn our disposable income. So if I get to 50 points within five years, I will be surprised, and 75 seems so out of reach.

Omg. Reading Carnival passenger feedback it sounds like the VIFP program is becoming more and more worthless. FWIW, my 25th milestone white card didn't mean a thing at embarkation. That "one time" privilege didn't pan out to any benefits to me. I have to admit as a platinum person the only real value I recognize is priority embarkation. And even that has become watered down with FTTF.

I'd love to read about Carnival announcing a new worthwhile perk!