MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

Wow! I can't believe I missed your review when you posted it! Sakari is just amazing doing all the diving! You should be really proud of her, she's very accomplished in the water for her age!

Haha. Not sure how anyone could miss it. :D

Yes, she is doing such an amazing job with her diving and so fearless. She only has 2 more aquamission dives at her local dive shop and then she gets to take the test to be certified as a Master PADI Seal team member. I was hoping it would happen before our next cruise, but they had some scheduling conflicts with another group this month and had to cancel her class. But it will definitely be before Christmas.

Here are some of the land places we visited while there.

Here are the animal sanctuaries we went to.

I did a video (my first try) of our entire vacation, located HERE, but when I click on the thread, the video isn't showing up for me??? I'm not sure if it's just me and you'll be able to see it or not. People commented on it, so I know it WAS there. I might have to go and repost the video at the end of the thread again.

You might have missed my very short reviews on our land vacation we just did in August to Aruba too then. If you did, you can find the beach pictures HERE.

I don't know if anyone has shown you this as a possible Halloween costume for Sakari - but I thought it was pretty cool:

https://www.chasing-fireflies.com/product/skeleton-mermaid-costume-girls.do?clickid=20f77248-9817-4ce8-8b4d-8b6a006f5504&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwo-Auava1gIVBwhpCh03ogY8EAQYASABEgLaxPD_BwE

I would do skeleton makeup and a long grey wig that I chalked with some emerald green streaks in it for that whole "zombie mermaid" thing. LOL!

We have had a crazy summer involving a major remodel due to a plumbing accident, building a pool (still ongoing), building an outdoor kitchen (ongoing) and landscaping the entire backyard (ongoing). At any rate we are finally back home after months in a rental house and me spending almost all of my time overseeing all these projects. That's why I missed your Conquest cruise review when it was first out. LOL!

I don't know if anyone has shown you this as a possible Halloween costume for Sakari - but I thought it was pretty cool:

https://www.chasing-fireflies.com/product/skeleton-mermaid-costume-girls.do?clickid=20f77248-9817-4ce8-8b4d-8b6a006f5504&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwo-Auava1gIVBwhpCh03ogY8EAQYASABEgLaxPD_BwE

I would do skeleton makeup and a long grey wig that I chalked with some emerald green streaks in it for that whole "zombie mermaid" thing. LOL!

We have had a crazy summer involving a major remodel due to a plumbing accident, building a pool (still ongoing), building an outdoor kitchen (ongoing) and landscaping the entire backyard (ongoing). At any rate we are finally back home after months in a rental house and me spending almost all of my time overseeing all these projects. That's why I missed your Conquest cruise review when it was first out. LOL!

Wow, sounds like you have had a busy summer. I hope things are going well. We have had some remodeling going on as well, but thank goodness not enough to warrant us having to move out and rent. I can't imagine.

I'm not sure that being anything "scary" would work for Sakari. Even though it's a "mermaid" it's still a little on the black/bones scary creature type of thing. She's more of a "cutesy" type of girl that prefers to dress up like animals (peacock, doggies, kitty and so on). I will show her and see what she thinks. You never know, it might surprise me.

Wow, sounds like you have had a busy summer. I hope things are going well. We have had some remodeling going on as well, but thank goodness not enough to warrant us having to move out and rent. I can't imagine.

I'm not sure that being anything "scary" would work for Sakari. Even though it's a "mermaid" it's still a little on the black/bones scary creature type of thing. She's more of a "cutesy" type of girl that prefers to dress up like animals (peacock, doggies, kitty and so on). I will show her and see what she thinks. You never know, it might surprise me.

I was a cutesy kind of girl too, so I made "scary" costumes my own thing and played it for laughs - like dressing as a Homecoming Queen Zombie and then instead of acting scary the way you would expect with a zombie, I acted all social and popular as I explained, "Oh, we just had a "little" accident on the way home from Homecoming but look: I won homecoming queen!" No one could figure out who I was, but I won "best costume" for that. With the zombie mermaid costume, I would probably tell everyone, "I got caught in the hurricane and I'm lost! Do you know how to get to the sea?" I'd do the makeupup more like calivera than just a regular skull - see these ideas here: https://www.pinterest.com/hotdogger/calavera-makeup-ideas/?lp=true

BTW, if you are not good at makeup, you can buy Day of the Dead face tattoos inexpensively on Amazon. There are lots of them.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

*Bump*

Yet another Ohioan here, I'm in Cleveland. Just read your entire review and I absolutely enjoyed it, will have to check out your other reviews. I'll be on the conquest this May (Ocho Rios and Grand Caymen). And you have me wanting to hit Aruba on a future cruise.

I'm looking forward to blue iguana cantina, and guys, and the BBQ joint. Perhaps if you had more of those places you would have enjoyed the food more, just a guess.

Your daughter is so cute. Such talented drawings too. :) If more kids had the love for animals she seems to have, the world would be a better place.

P4191018%20copy-L.jpg

I LOVE this picture. I hadn't seen any nighttime photos of the conquest exterior in all the research I've done, so this was nice.

Thanks again for such a wonderful review, and hope you and yours are doing well.

Hey Mitsugirly,

Loved the review. Was on the Conquest last year for the 6 night western and booked the Conquest again for the 8 night eastern for this coming April (18) to celebrate my 50th.

I wanted to ask about the underwater camera you used. I am looking at an Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4 refurb. for $299 on Amazon. I snorkel a lot but do not do scuba. After seeing your review it actually has given me the bug to want to try it. One of my friends going on the cruise with us is going for his diving cert. and would like to do a dive on this cruise. Anyway, is there anything that you can tell me about the camera? This is more than what I want to spend but I don't want to get a garbage camera just to get it. Do you have any other less expensive recommendations?

Our trip will include Princess Cays instead of the other island. We have not been there in awhile and are looking forward to it.

I see in another review you did the golf cart rental in Grand Turk. Any recommendations for that as we are a group of 4 couples and planning on renting two golf carts to explore the island and see some of the other beaches that we have never seen in all the times we have been to Grand Turk.

Again, always enjoy reading your reviews and realistic twist you have as well as all of the photos.

Thanks in advance for any info you have to offer.

*Bump*

Yet another Ohioan here, I'm in Cleveland. Just read your entire review and I absolutely enjoyed it, will have to check out your other reviews. I'll be on the conquest this May (Ocho Rios and Grand Caymen). And you have me wanting to hit Aruba on a future cruise.

I'm looking forward to blue iguana cantina, and guys, and the BBQ joint. Perhaps if you had more of those places you would have enjoyed the food more, just a guess.

Your daughter is so cute. Such talented drawings too. :) If more kids had the love for animals she seems to have, the world would be a better place.

I LOVE this picture. I hadn't seen any nighttime photos of the conquest exterior in all the research I've done, so this was nice.

Thanks again for such a wonderful review, and hope you and yours are doing well.

Well hello there fellow Ohioan!

Glad you enjoyed the review. If you get a chance to go to Aruba, do so. It's beautiful there and we enjoyed it so much that we went back last summer for 10 days to stay and went all over the place. I plan on trying to get back there again this summer we loved it so much. :)

Hey Mitsugirly,

Loved the review. Was on the Conquest last year for the 6 night western and booked the Conquest again for the 8 night eastern for this coming April (18) to celebrate my 50th.

I wanted to ask about the underwater camera you used. I am looking at an Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4 refurb. for $299 on Amazon. I snorkel a lot but do not do scuba. After seeing your review it actually has given me the bug to want to try it. One of my friends going on the cruise with us is going for his diving cert. and would like to do a dive on this cruise. Anyway, is there anything that you can tell me about the camera? This is more than what I want to spend but I don't want to get a garbage camera just to get it. Do you have any other less expensive recommendations?

Our trip will include Princess Cays instead of the other island. We have not been there in awhile and are looking forward to it.

I see in another review you did the golf cart rental in Grand Turk. Any recommendations for that as we are a group of 4 couples and planning on renting two golf carts to explore the island and see some of the other beaches that we have never seen in all the times we have been to Grand Turk.

Again, always enjoy reading your reviews and realistic twist you have as well as all of the photos.

Thanks in advance for any info you have to offer.

I absolutely love the Olympus Tough cameras. I have the 620, 830 and the TG4. I have been using the TG4 for my main camera lately after discovering all the extra features it has on it and the nice thing about it is that you can add a lens. I have a fish eye lens on mine. It's amazing and I feel like it deepens the colors as well. If you can get a used one for that price, I would definitely get it. Soooooo worth it IMO!

Grand Turk is a lot of fun on the golf carts and being able to explore the entire little island on your own and own time. Definitely check out Governors Beach for a really beautiful and secluded place to go. There's no vendors there, but they do have restrooms and showers to wash off the sand.

Have a fantastic time!

• 2 months later...

Hi Kim (I feel like I can call you that....I feel like I know you from all your reviews!! lol). Just wanted to share that I am a travel agent, booking mostly cruises and each and every time I book someone (or myself) on a new ship, the first thing I do is check your reviews to see if you have been on her! Same for ports!! Oh yeah, and cruise terminals!! Your reviews and pictures are just amazing! I always end up with ship tips, terminal/hotel/shuttle info, and port places to see from your reviews! I have been reading them for years, and just felt the need to thank you for all the info you share!!! It is very much appreciated!! Happy Vacationing!

Hi Kim (I feel like I can call you that....I feel like I know you from all your reviews!! lol). Just wanted to share that I am a travel agent, booking mostly cruises and each and every time I book someone (or myself) on a new ship, the first thing I do is check your reviews to see if you have been on her! Same for ports!! Oh yeah, and cruise terminals!! Your reviews and pictures are just amazing! I always end up with ship tips, terminal/hotel/shuttle info, and port places to see from your reviews! I have been reading them for years, and just felt the need to thank you for all the info you share!!! It is very much appreciated!! Happy Vacationing!

Why thank you and glad I can help. :)

• 1 month later...

I love how your pictures tell the story. I really enjoyed your review. We will be sailing on the Conquest in November and I feel I already know the ship! Thank you for taking us along on your Journey.

I love how your pictures tell the story. I really enjoyed your review. We will be sailing on the Conquest in November and I feel I already know the ship! Thank you for taking us along on your Journey.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Conquest!

Is there a place just to see the pics?

Is there something particular you'd like to see?

• 2 years later...

It's me again Kim!! 

Just want to thank you for this Conquest review. This was the first ship we were on in 2005 (yes before renovation) since 1994 on Holland America. 

We were on quite a few of these ports but your photos are remarkable!! My kids laugh at me because I only swim in our pool, no lake, no bay, and definitely no ocean swimming for me.  My girls say it's the Italian in me, I don't swim with the fishes!!

Lol

Now I'm going to mosy on over to the Magic!!

Thanks again!

Hugs from Texas,

Nicki

On 10/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, princess76021 said:

It's me again Kim!! 

Just want to thank you for this Conquest review. This was the first ship we were on in 2005 (yes before renovation) since 1994 on Holland America. 

We were on quite a few of these ports but your photos are remarkable!! My kids laugh at me because I only swim in our pool, no lake, no bay, and definitely no ocean swimming for me.  My girls say it's the Italian in me, I don't swim with the fishes!!

Lol

Now I'm going to mosy on over to the Magic!!

Thanks again!

Hugs from Texas,

Nicki

Lol at your swimming habits. You sound a lot like my son in law Billy (who comes on these cruises with us). Very rarely will you catch him in the ocean...there's too many scary things in there that's out to get him.  Now I have to admit I really don't care for lakes or man-made beaches because the water isn't clear and it kinda creeps me out what might be under there. 

• Like 1