Do you use a lanyard for your sea pass?

StevenStephen

Hi there. One tip that I've often seen suggested is to get a lanyard to hold the ship sea pass. I sort of like the idea...in particular I have seen a waterproof one that would hold the pass, some cash and an ID. This sounds like a great idea for beach excursions.

Oh, and I'll admit that I've seen those sparkly rhinestone lanyards on Amazon.com. Tempting if only because they just look fun.

Thoughts?

Hi there. One tip that I've often seen suggested is to get a lanyard to hold the ship sea pass. I sort of like the idea...in particular I have seen a waterproof one that would hold the pass, some cash and an ID. This sounds like a great idea for beach excursions.

Oh, and I'll admit that I've seen those sparkly rhinestone lanyards on Amazon.com. Tempting if only because they just look fun.

Thoughts?

Never have used a lanyard and never will. I think they look dorky and the ones picked out in rhinestones look even worse. Those are my thoughts but they're probably not what you wanted to hear.

Some people love their lanyards and that is what works for them. Personally, I will never wear one and I do not like the look of them. Pockets are sufficient for me. If you pursue this, I'm sure you could get one for cheap in the dollar store (yes, really - you don't have to spend a fortune).

Lanyards remind me of work. I had to wear one for years and never could wear my necklaces because they kept getting tangled with the darn thing.

On my last two cruises you had to put the key card in a slot for the power to stay on so you couldn't just leave it in a holder on the lanyard anyway.

I use one on the ship. When going ashore, I put it into my pocket. To me, it is just so much simpler. Before I used one, my card would regularly get de-magnetized when I put it too close to my camera. No problem with that any more.

Absolutely the same answer for me....no messing about changing things from pockets to bags on the ship.

My OH lost his seacard almost every day- it was always somewhere in the cabin- but now he wears his lanyard and never removes it from the casing.

Never...I don't wear my room key around my neck in a hotel...why would I on a ship? It makes you look like you're at a convention!

:D Funny Above ^^^^ ... and true!

The last thing I want is to have something like that hanging around my neck on a cruise.

:rolleyes: We had to do that at " vendor trade shows" and "conventions" so reminds us of the four letter word -- W-O-R-K.

LuLu

~~~~

I hve worn a lanyard on the last 10 or so cruises and cannot imagine NOT wearing one. I do put the card, lanyard and all in my purse when I leave the ship so it is easy to get at when I return. I love the convenience of it because many of my capris do not have pockets. And having the card stop working is no longer an issue either. different strokes for different folks. I also never wore one during my working days so this is not an issue for me.

I had them punch a hole in the card, then attached a keyring and jewelry finding so that I could clip it onto a bracelet.

8648968311_f0e88424f3.jpg

I was really pleased with the way that worked; I didn't need to carry a purse or bag if I didn't want to, I didn't need to worry about pockets, and it still left my hands free for a book or camera.

I guess it is hard to admit it..........but.............

well

um

I kinda

well

you know

um

,use a lanyard.

.shhhhhh

don't tell anyone.

I just like it on board, and I dont lose it since I don't carry a purse, and husband is not always attached at the hip:eek:

Sea Ya

This thread started out as a serious question, but I just laughed my butt off reading all the replies!

The reason I asked in the first place is that, while I've gotten better over the years, I still misplace things. I'd probably keep my lanyard under my shirt or jacket. Heck, I might just put a big "Hi, My Name Is..." on it. I don't mind if somebody thinks I'm a noobie...I will be! I've pretended I've known what I was doing for years...long enough to know that it's exhausting.

Gosh, In a few minutes I've gone from being embarrassed for asking about lanyards...to deciding that I'm going to have a wardrobe of them. A black rhinestone one for formal night (with my black suit), maybe a blue rhinestone (or orange to match my bathing suit) one for by the pool...and that waterproof thing for the excursions.

Oh, and if somebody has the GUTS to snatch that from my neck...God help them. I'm 6' 2" and one darn fast running muscle bear.:eek:

• Like 1

This thread started out as a serious question, but I just laughed my butt off reading all the replies!

The reason I asked in the first place is that, while I've gotten better over the years, I still misplace things. I'd probably keep my lanyard under my shirt or jacket. Heck, I might just put a big "Hi, My Name Is..." on it. I don't mind if somebody thinks I'm a noobie...I will be! I've pretended I've known what I was doing for years...long enough to know that it's exhausting.

Gosh, In a few minutes I've gone from being embarrassed for asking about lanyards...to deciding that I'm going to have a wardrobe of them. A black rhinestone one for formal night (with my black suit), maybe a blue rhinestone (or orange to match my bathing suit) one for by the pool...and that waterproof thing for the excursions.

Oh, and if somebody has the GUTS to snatch that from my neck...God help them. I'm 6' 2" and one darn fast running muscle bear.:eek:

It's not really about being seen as a noob on the ship, but when you get off the ship in ports. They're not looking to steal your key card, they'll be looking for the tourists, either for easy marks be it robbery, or trying selling you stuff. (they may only ask you to buy their souvineer once, but there will be 50 of them hounding you one after the other when you only wanted to spend a nice day.)

That said, I prefer to use the clip on kind with the retractable cord. It's never in my way, (or flying in my face as one poster said) can be stashed in my pocket in port, and it makes that awesome zippy sound when you fidget with it.

They do also make these in every color complete with rhinestones if you like.

It's not really about being seen as a noob on the ship, but when you get off the ship in ports. They're not looking to steal your key card, they'll be looking for the tourists, either for easy marks be it robbery, or trying selling you stuff. (they may only ask you to buy their souvineer once, but there will be 50 of them hounding you one after the other when you only wanted to spend a nice day.)

That said, I prefer to use the clip on kind with the retractable cord. It's never in my way, (or flying in my face as one poster said) can be stashed in my pocket in port, and it makes that awesome zippy sound when you fidget with it.

They do also make these in every color complete with rhinestones if you like.

I suspect that with or without a lanyard, the overwhelming majority of cruise ship passengers can be easily identified as tourists in the ports.

• Like 2

Have never used a lanyard on the ship or off the ship. And will never use one.

I don't like things hanging around my neck all the time.

And the lanyards onshore advertise that you are a tourist from a ship.

Just so you know, everybody knows your a tourist fresh off a ship. they know the locals, and everybody else is fair game. Doesn't matter if your a land vacationer or a ship brought you, your still a tourist, don't worry about hiding it. (this applies to Caribbean cruises and may not apply to others)

• Like 1

It's obviously personal choice. I tend to hang myself on things when I wear lanyards. I did get a cute one from Amazon for my daughter. She's almost 15 and will have a little latitude to go get things from the cabin, food, etc. so she'll need to carry her car on her own. She loses everything so I want her to use it. I plan on using pockets or a little wristlet.