Costa Magica 7th September 17

tenpin

Hi,

Back on the Magica for the forth time this September, getting on in Dover instead of Amsterdam.

Anyone else on this cruise? We are both seasoned Costa Cruisers & would like to know if any of you would like to meet up for a coffee/drink & a chat on any of the sea days.

Geoff

Costa does not show up in list, so you have to click on link then post new thread, which then posted this back on here yesterday, just tried again using link now takes you to different page.

Hi jimphil,

Yes we are getting on in Dover instead of Amsterdam, as we live nearby and getting off at Savona, just too much trouble getting back from Marseille. Boarding in Dover is at 2pm but figure getting there earlier than that as there will be very few getting on.

Been with Costa lots and love the Magica just about the right size.

Yes originally we were going to Amsterdam and staying at a hotel on the 7th, we have now changed it to Dover on the 9th.

This was booked last year when we were on the Magica and there appeared to be some confusion by the on board consultant on which day it would be leaving, at the time all cabins were completely booked from Dover (Costa's usual practice) but available from Amsterdam.

Paperwork still shows we are sailing from Amsterdam and getting of in Marseille, funny enough it was cheaper from their than later from Dover.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Back on the Magica for the forth time this September, getting on in Dover instead of Amsterdam.

Anyone else on this cruise? We are both seasoned Costa Cruisers & would like to know if any of you would like to meet up for a coffee/drink & a chat on any of the sea days.

Geoff

HI Geoff, we are going - I would love to talk to you. I have heard there are not very many English speakers on board. Am not all that concerned, but it would be nice to know someone - if you have any suggestions for anything!!! my email is africangray@aol.com. We are Frank and Adelaide from Evanston IL ( a Chicago suburb).We are 68 and 73. I am head of a Youth Services Dept in a library, and Frank is a psychologist. I am anxious to talk to anyone. Hurry!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening, we too boarding in Dover: if we have not translated badly, have we read that boarding starts at 2 pm?We do not have this information in our papers because we had to board in Amsterdam, then we moved to Dover for work problems.As we arrive in the morning at 11am, we thought we were going to board the ship immediately, deposit the luggage and go out to visit the castle; but if boarding is from 2.00 pm, we have to change everything. thank you for your answer

Hello lilly,

I would think it will be okay to go straight to cruise terminal were they should take your cases from you, you can then go visit the Castle which is not to far away. Be sure to be back no later than 3.30 pm to book in before boat drill.

One other point as we have paid from Amsterdam our cabins should be ready worth pointing this out to staff at Dover.

It is very rare indeed for Dover to close due to bad weather, we live 40 minutes away and only twice in a very long time have the ferries not been able to dock.

Keep a eye on this tread I will let you know any change and even weather forecast for the next day (9th Sept)

Hi, what time do they usually start allowing you to board, I know it says boarding from 2pm but some other cruise lines allow on board from 11onwards?Thanks

the boarding time is usually on the paperwork however only the last boarding time is shown on our cruise ticket.

Given that the ship docks in Dover at 8am before lunch time (12pm) would seem okay, however I can not find any information & I have no intention of phoning Costa, because as Perla Diamante Members we are promised 'Instant Boarding'

Also considering we have paid from Amsterdam our cabin should be readily available.

I can't see that there will be many getting on at Dover so there can be no reason to say 2pm.

I can not say anything for definite

• 3 weeks later...

If you purchase a bottle you may take it away with you, or it can be left in the DR for the next evening, this applies to wine as well as water.

They were trailing 'anytime' but I think that it is still fixed dining on the Magica, early at 6.30/7.00pm & 9. 15pm at the moment, this will depend on what grade of cabin purchased. Classic normally are put on late. For your information the buffet in again open at night serving almost the same dishes as the MDR.

Costa are looking at 'freedom dinning' and are running it on several ships alongside fixed to see how it is supported. At the moment only the Neo ships are all 'Freedom'

jimphil,

If you and your friends are on the same booking then you will be seated together in the MDR normally first sitting if requested, if this is not the case when you get to your cabin, they will find card stating dining time & where, .then see Maître D' in aft dinning room around 4pm He/she will sort it out if possible.