Dunn River

babs135

DRF is a national park and there is more there besides the falls ... and from OCHO it is a 10 minute taxi ride ....

there is a walkway alongside the falls ... in fact the typical 'climb' leads folks from the top / parking area / enterance down this path to the beach and then the climb goes back UP. While you can't see the falls all the way down ... there are several viewing platforms along the way. And there is NO restriction about using the path to go UP. Last time I took the family, dw didn't want to do the 'wet climb' but went down to the beach with the rest of the gang THEN went back via the path and stopped to take pictures of us from the platforms. At least one of these platforms has steps to a pool in the falls as well. So you can dip your toes!!!!

enhance

{a pool midway along the falls .... the folks behind holding hands are a typical ship excursion .... they do ONE climb, holding hands via a marked path. I go UP THE MIDDLE .... A ship trip climbs one time then back on the bus but admission to the park is for ALL DAY.}

enhance

{dd going up the middle}

(btw, folks have said this place is dangerous .... I've been dozens of times since the mid 80's and taken my kids and others. The worse loss I had was a pair of sunglasses lost on my first visit. As a ship Captain I've taken my crew here time and time again and the worst injury was sunburn)