Feedback on the Star and/or Mexican Riviera from LA

steph7021

Looking for any tips or feedback about the Star (never have sailed NCL) and/or the Mexican Riviera out of LA. Booked this for a Christmas cruise this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Star in 2015 for a Mexican Riviera cruise from Los Angeles. I liked the ship just fine. My preference is for the smaller ships. My collection is that the crew was great as was most everything on the ship. My recollection is that the only downsides were no bridge viewing room which is on some ships on deck 10 forward and that the Spinnaker lounge was buried in the back of the ship so there wasn't a big lounge forward with a good view.

I believe there was a refurb after I sailed on her. You can see a schematic of the ship at:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Pocket-Guide-Star-092216.pdf

Enjoy!

This Dec will be our 4th time on the Star- about a dozen to the Mexican Riviera. we haven't been on since the refurbish, so hopefully that will change. it was a bit tired on our last trip. This is our 3rd group cruise, and the last one some complained about the food. We love the size, the entertainment, the choices, and the ports. We live about 40 minutes from San Pedro, so we love doing this cruise. Also, the ship and the ports are beautifully decorated for the holidays.

Looking for any tips or feedback about the Star (never have sailed NCL) and/or the Mexican Riviera out of LA. Booked this for a Christmas cruise this year!

You are on the dec 22nd sailing right? Us too! Consider joining in on our roll call for that sailing http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53858672#post53858672

we are also on the star, dec 22. we have been to mex riveria 4 times on the star.. always enjoyed everything about the ship ythe crew and the ports, as they say in new york,,,whats not to like... we are signed up for the meet an greet. with shadow boy" keeping score" recommend it.. its a nice way to start the cruise and meet some nice people and know whos who on the ship.

The Star was the worst ship I have ever been on. I have been on 50 cruises. Customer service was the worst. Never again. It's too bad they moved the Jewel out of LA.

The Star is our favorite ship, we love the layout, the crew was amazing, and the ship well maintained! Have not done the Mexican Riviera yet, but that is most likely our 2019 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Star was the worst ship I have ever been on. I have been on 50 cruises. Customer service was the worst. Never again. It's too bad they moved the Jewel out of LA.

Just an FYI - I did write a review on the Star. We sailed March 2014. It was called:

It's time for an intervention!

It has been sometime now and maybe things are better on that ship. I spent two weeks on the Escape in April and it was fantastic. Nothing like the experience on the Star.