Ncl’s big apple post cruise city tour

Bromleypod72

We did it in January when we got off the GEM and had a 6 pm flight out of LaGuardia. Found out about it on the ship and booked it the night before. We got priority debarkation right behind the Haven and suite customers. They help you get your luggage and get through customs so that you can get on the bus for the tour. And yes they drop you off at the airport with your luggage

We did it in January when we got off the GEM and had a 6 pm flight out of LaGuardia. Found out about it on the ship and booked it the night before. We got priority debarkation right behind the Haven and suite customers. They help you get your luggage and get through customs so that you can get on the bus for the tour. And yes they drop you off at the airport with your luggage

What time did they drop you off at the airport?

I believe it was around 3:30-4:00. Disembarkation was delayed a bit and we left a little late. The first thing they ask when everyone is on the bus is which airport they are flying out of and what time are the flights. While on the tour I received notifications that our original flight was delayed and pushed back twice. We were still able to rebook an earlier flight back with time to spare.

I believe it was around 3:30-4:00. Disembarkation was delayed a bit and we left a little late. The first thing they ask when everyone is on the bus is which airport they are flying out of and what time are the flights. While on the tour I received notifications that our original flight was delayed and pushed back twice. We were still able to rebook an earlier flight back with time to spare.

That’s perfect timing as we would aim to be at JFK for 4pm.

Was there a ‘live’ guide on the tour or do they just give you like a headset like the ones they do on the HOHO buses??

That’s perfect timing as we would aim to be at JFK for 4pm.

Was there a ‘live’ guide on the tour or do they just give you like a headset like the ones they do on the HOHO buses??

Definitely a live guide. We were fortunate in that our guide was a lifelong New Yorker and had a great knowledge of his city and its' history and enjoyed his life there. I think they need a minimum of 10 people signing up for the tour in order for it proceed and we were #9 and #10.

Definitely a live guide. We were fortunate in that our guide was a lifelong New Yorker and had a great knowledge of his city and its' history and enjoyed his life there. I think they need a minimum of 10 people signing up for the tour in order for it proceed and we were #9 and #10.

Wow that was lucky you had a local guide. There are 4 of us so hopefully there will be enough of other people. I am hoping to use some of our free at sea OBC to pay for this, but I think people have said can only book whilst on board paying by this method.

The tour is a city tour (just like any other city tour shore excursion). Drive through Manhattan. A couple of decent photo stops at Rockefeller center and at the World Trade Center memorial. It’s a good way to kill time on the way to the airport. The driver and guide make real time decisions on route depending on traffic and events in the city. We have done it twice to kill time on the way to the airport.

The tour is a city tour (just like any other city tour shore excursion). Drive through Manhattan. A couple of decent photo stops at Rockefeller center and at the World Trade Center memorial. It’s a good way to kill time on the way to the airport. The driver and guide make real time decisions on route depending on traffic and events in the city. We have done it twice to kill time on the way to the airport.

There is a 11.30am flight we could have booked to fly back to the UK but didn’t want to risk it in case of a ship delay so went for the 7pm flight. Did look into booking a day use room at a hotel at JFK but they require you to book multiple rooms if there are more than 2 people and that works out slightly less than what we would be paying on this tour but this is more fun than coupe up at a hotel room!