Very best Norwegian Drinks

Cancruizer

We just got back from the Breakaway, where we had the 'free' UBP. I made it my mission to try as many drinks as possible, and I will admit there were some I didn't finish because I did not like them. There were some that I didn't make it to (grass clippings was one of them).

My favorites:

Lavender Patch

French Raspberry

Rum Cake (perfect dessert drink!)

Rebellious Fish (when made well - sometimes they weren't so great)

Inniskillin Ice Wine ($2 upcharge)

North South Red Wine blend

This is a great list! My mouth is watering, and I am currently scouring my bar cart looking for ingredients. I love a good pain killer, a good strong bahama mama, and a dark and stormy. In no particular order ;p Also while my husband and I were in ATL last year, we ate at Brazilian steakhouse and we were served a spanish liqueur by the name of Licor 43. I instantly feel in love with it! They have a website dedicated to recipes, but I prefer it straight and cold.

Raspberry Mojitos - first drink I had onboard as we had a sail away party at the Mojito bar - I never tried one before as I didn't think i'd like them

Turns out I like Mojito's ALOT :-)

This afternoon I explored a HUGE list of drinks (along with the NCL recipes) that I found in another thread here in anticipation of enjoying my "free" UBP on our April 8 cruise. I do love a great Scotch or a fine Whiskey, but I also love a classic Mojito, other cocktails at various times of day, and I found a drink on this list that I will most definitely be trying called "Le Fizz" - can't wait to try that one on Day 1.

And the Lavender Patch - that just sounds TOO interesting! Also the Belvedere Peach Nectar, and the Jalapeño Cucumber Mojito, and....well there's no point in making a list of ALL the drinks I want to try. But if you want to spend a little time in fantasy drinkie land, here's the link...

http://nclrecipes.com/frontend/recipe/recipe_list

Be sure to allow some TIME to peruse this list and be sure to click on the drinks and read the recipes. That's what makes you really want to try the drinks.

I got very inspired after I read this stuff, so I sent DH to the liquor store for a bottle of St Germain :eek: and he just now got back. Now I have to go make a drinkie. I have a recipe!!:D

Judy

Wow! I’ve screen shotted the ones I want to try...it’s a looooong list! Thanks for posting!

Jenn

Myrtle Beach[emoji267]

I really loved the Emperor’s Nectar I had at Le Bistro on our Star cruise. I also liked the Dark and Stormies a lot. My least favorite was probably the Mr Worldwide. It looked good so I ordered one, but I didn’t realize it had sparkling wine blergh

I really loved the Emperor’s Nectar I had at Le Bistro on our Star cruise. I also liked the Dark and Stormies a lot. My least favorite was probably the Mr Worldwide. It looked good so I ordered one, but I didn’t realize it had sparkling wine blergh

Emperor's Nectar is also my favorite. The first time I had it was several years ago in Le Bistro. But many times since then I have ordered it on various NCL ships at the bar outside Le Bistro, it is not on the menu but the bar tenders at the bars near Le Bistro (not usually other bars like the pool bar, etc) know how to make Emperor's Nectar.

Emperor's Nectar is also my favorite. The first time I had it was several years ago in Le Bistro. But many times since then I have ordered it on various NCL ships at the bar outside Le Bistro, it is not on the menu but the bar tenders at the bars near Le Bistro (not usually other bars like the pool bar, etc) know how to make Emperor's Nectar.

Good to know:D. I was sad I discovered it the last night of our cruise. Will have to take advantage of this info in October on Breakaway.

Thanks for sharing your favorites! I never tried the Rebellious Fish or Lavender Patch, I definately have a few that I must try the next time I sail NCL. It will have to be within a year (due to CruiseNext) so I`d better get planning!

I will share the link to the article and blog in a couple of weeks.

Other than a fun internet poll result, what, pray tell, is a Boaty McBoatface?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently, per Google and not any NCL link:

Gordons Gin | 1 Shot

Aperol | ½ Shot

Elderflower cordial | 45mL

Grapefruit/Soda | Top Up

That sounds absolutely delicious if this is it....

Yep the Jalapeno Cucumaber Mojito in Sugarcane is pretty damn fine... but I'm a sucker for JW Blue Label at $17 or Hennessy X.O. at $27 with the "free" UBP... Try getting that price in a decent restaurant/bar on land.

I agree with the first two but the JW and Hennessy are pours not mixes or special drinks

Great thread ,

I did see the link some one posted earlier and nothing can top it that list is huge. I believe I contributed to it a while ago.

I am depressed though I normally cruise in March and OCT/NOV but this year no march I had to push it to June and it really stinks.

Great thread ,

I did see the link some one posted earlier and nothing can top it that list is huge. I believe I contributed to it a while ago.

I am depressed though I normally cruise in March and OCT/NOV but this year no march I had to push it to June and it really stinks.

well if you want a shorter list of NCL Cocktails (w/o pics) that's tried and true, print this off and keep it in your back pocket...

NCL UBP FAV DRINKS 2017 edition.xls